Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

there are only 100 companies that contribute to 71% of global emissions yet they act like me putting a plastic bottle in my bin will melt the polar ice caps. the top brass of these companies will never stop as they like their yachts too much. morale of the story is we are fucked
i spelt moral wrong......... stand by

ugly

LE
there are only 100 companies that contribute to 71% of global emissions yet they act like me putting a plastic bottle in my bin will melt the polar ice caps. the top brass of these companies will never stop as they like their yachts too much. morale of the story is we are fucked
Or not

What I can't fathom about climate science is that given:-
a. The planet is very big and takes a century or more to create the conditions of global warming. The climate models use comparable data from the previous 100 years as a base to compare temperatures.
b. A warning of doom based on 10-15 years, means we can't actually reverse the process, only slow it down and that is predicated on very spurious grounds.

If science is right then we can't do anything about it and without population control the entire economic system of rationing resources based on money falls apart and leads to a probable rise in disorder. Why isn't the Armed services being set to 10% GDP again in response to this emergency ???

ugly

LE
a. The planet is very big and takes a century or more to create the conditions of global warming. The climate models use comparable data from the previous 100 years as a base to compare temperatures.
b. A warning of doom based on 10-15 years, means we can't actually reverse the process, only slow it down and that is predicated on very spurious grounds.

If science is right then we can't do anything about it and without population control the entire economic system of rationing resources based on money falls apart and leads to a probable rise in disorder. Why isn't the Armed services being set to 10% GDP again in response to this emergency ???
Hush now, its only an excuse for Govts to tax us more claiming its for the environment whilst lying and making us subsidise not very green electric vehicles!

Erm, the planet does not take a century or more to create the conditions of global warming - look at the warming experienced in the Younger Dryas, or the cooling after Krakatoa.

Climate models go back further than 100 years using paleoclimatology.

Just because we cannot reverse the process, does not mean that we cannot avoid compounding the effect already achieved.

Pointing out how China et al are polluting as a reason to not stop here is akin to saying that people defecate on the streets in India so what good will using a lavatory inside do here?

Erm, the planet does not take a century or more to create the conditions of global warming - look at the warming experienced in the Younger Dryas, or the cooling after Krakatoa.

Climate models go back further than 100 years using paleoclimatology.

Just because we cannot reverse the process, does not mean that we cannot avoid compounding the effect already achieved.

Pointing out how China et al are polluting as a reason to not stop here is akin to saying that people defecate on the streets in India so what good will using a lavatory inside do here?
In the event of a climate emergency that can't be reversed and slowing it down is debatable. The only logical response in an emergency is to look at our armed forces to both maintain control and have an expanded engineering corp which can deal with all these adverse effects.

If the UK Government fails to bump the Def Budget up to 10%, then why should I believe the threat exists ??

In the event of a climate emergency that can't be reversed and slowing it down is debatable. The only logical response in an emergency is to look at our armed forces to both maintain control and have an expanded engineering corp which can deal with all these adverse effects.

If the UK Government fails to bump the Def Budget up to 10%, then why should I believe the threat exists ??
What rot.

Firstly, the level of emergency is to be seen.

Secondly, that is not a logical response. Why would it have to be military engineers? Why does it need to be 10%. Why does the UK need a larger armed forces? What are they going to do? Bayonet greenhouse gases?

Perhaps money could be spent on renewable energy and funding cleaner technologies. A bit like how the national grid is increasingly powered by renewable energy.

What rot.

Firstly, the level of emergency is to be seen.

Secondly, that is not a logical response. Why would it have to be military engineers? Why does it need to be 10%. Why does the UK need a larger armed forces? What are they going to do? Bayonet greenhouse gases?

Perhaps money could be spent on renewable energy and funding cleaner technologies. A bit like how the national grid is increasingly powered by renewable energy.
So no emergency then ? best tell Newcastle council and all the other idiots who declared an emergency.

I notice the lungs of the world "rainforests" are in the news again, this time because the bloody Amazon is on fire.

If the world really thinks the Amazon is a lung, it wouldnt be hard to pay the Amazon people to re-plant everything they have cut down over the last 100+ years and stop cutting down the forest. It is very simple, wood is not a mineral, it is very fast to replenish (against minerals).

Also, I recognise the vast waste of space that is Africa and the Middle East. We could use Solar and Wind power to desalinate water and mix it with Indian sewerage to create "fertile" land in the deserts to grow vast forests.

So no emergency then ? best tell Newcastle council and all the other idiots who declared an emergency.
The level is yet unknown. We can predict using models but we experience warming the like of which is not analogous to warming in history.

As an analogy, sea levels rising at a metre per decade is a different level of emergency to a metre per century. Doesn’t mean that those living at sea level won’t be affected - it’s just how much, and when.

Climate change is "pseudo science" anyways....it's all just fake stuff.
I wouldn't trust you if you told me my arse was on fire.

Global warming is real.

Climate change as a result of that is likely.

What said climate change will be is the important question.

The idea you are anywhere near an authentic voice on the issue is like the McCann's babysitting service.

If CO2 emissions in Britain dropped to zero by 2050 will it make any difference?. The main polluters (China, India, Russia, Brazil) are likely to take very little or no attention to the environment.

Last edited:
Just like I wouldn't trust you or Trump either on the issues like climate change.
Wonderful. Bearing in mind you can't decide which city you were born in you'll forgive me for not taking your opinion on climate change all that seriously.

As long as it’s nice and sunny it will be fine. Everyone likes a nice day

Latest Threads