Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

I very much doubt it. UK Met office has an international reputation to maintain. In addition most airports nowadays (around the world) don't rely on yea olde Stevenson screen with observers checking it out every 20 mins. They have AWOS (Automated Weather Observation Station) which does it all, as the name suggests, automatically. Vaisala is a Finnish company and is a world leader in AWOS. It is essential for aircraft to have accurate temperatures as it has an enormous effect on the weight they can carry, especially in the summer.
Also very important to have accurate temps in winter for deicing.

Chesterfield is a TOWN in Derbyshire sir, a county that God created after he'd finished practicing on Yorkshire.
He should have practised more.

I moved to Yorkshire a few months ago. It’s rubbish.

I very much doubt it. UK Met office has an international reputation to maintain. In addition most airports nowadays (around the world) don't rely on yea olde Stevenson screen with observers checking it out every 20 mins. They have AWOS (Automated Weather Observation Station) which does it all, as the name suggests, automatically. Vaisala is a Finnish company and is a world leader in AWOS. It is essential for aircraft to have accurate temperatures as it has an enormous effect on the weight they can carry, especially in the summer.
But, but, but. Any fule (with zero knowledge of climatology, meteorology or atmospheric physics) kno that predicting the weather is easy.

Just looking out the window will surely give you an accurate prediction of the most stochastic phenomena on the planet.

After all, “red sky at night” is about 70% accurate (in Britain).

FHA

LE
Tell you one thing - if some **** says climate change is not real face to face to me, considering the widely changing planet weather patterns, I may likely punch the c-u-n-t.
What, because you’re sweating your tits off in summer?
Who says climate doesn’t change? What are you on about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What effect did WW2 have on the world climate, in manufacturing alone a lot of CO2 must
have been producing, no one seems to mention WW2 with relation to climate
Because there was so much shit going on everyday with people losing lives?

What, because you’re sweating your tits off in summer?
Who says climate doesn’t change? What are you on about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant the wildly changing patterns and the rising global temperatures and rising sea levels..

...that aside, yes, I had been sweating my tits off yesterday! :)

If there is any climate change catastrophe lurking for the future, most people on here will be dead before it happens. Therefore, why is anyone even bothered.

I walked down to the Common yesterday with brother and dog. The beautiful River Test runs through it and on a hot weekend it is usual to find many family groups along the riverbank, kids and dogs having fun in the cool, clean water.
And everywhere we walked there were piles of rubbish, empty sandwich packets, plastic bottles, cans of beer and cider discarded.

Whatever the future holds, can be sure mankind will get what it deserves.

"The UK has had its hottest day of the year, as temperatures soared across southern England.

The Met Office said Heathrow and Northolt in west London had reached 34C (93.2F) making it one of the warmest June days for about 40 years.

Friday was previously the warmest day of 2019, with temperatures reaching 30C (86F) at Achnagart in the Highlands.
A heatwave across Europe saw France record its all-time highest temperature of 45.9C (114.6F) on Friday."

Hottest day of the year as UK temperatures soar

FHA

LE
I meant the wildly changing patterns and the rising global temperatures and rising sea levels..

...that aside, yes, I had been sweating my tits off yesterday! :)
So you meant man-made climate change, not the bit that happens anyway? Got it.
I do wish people would remember to add the “MM” or “Anthropogenic” bit.
One would think environmentalists are trying to appropriate the language, but that would never, ever happen. Of course not.

So you meant man-made climate change, not the bit that happens anyway? Got it.
I do wish people would remember to add the “MM” or “Anthropogenic” bit.
One would think environmentalists are trying to appropriate the language, but that would never, ever happen. Of course not.
You certainly have more in depth knowledge into it that I do...I just try and express from whatever limited knowledge I have and feel to correct me....

FHA

LE
You certainly have more in depth knowledge into it that I do...I just try and express from whatever limited knowledge I have and feel to correct me....
I try to take a step back from it this these days, it's just too time consuming.
You seem to be a good lad, well intentioned. Just keep a beady eye on what has jumped on the AGW bandwagon. John McDonnell, Corbyn? Sod that. They see it as a backdoor to dismantling capitalism, nothing more.

Last edited:
I try to take a step back from it this these days, it's just too time consuming.
You seem to be a good lad, well intentioned. Just keep a beady eye on what has jumped on the AGW bandwagon. John McDonnell, Corbyn? Sod that. They see it as a backdoor to dismantling capitalism, nothing more.
And I think just for my own mental sanity, I feel like I should turn everything off - even ARRSE. Ignore all the crap around - it's that inane curiosity and my past roles/ jobs which drive me instinctively. I still may have to go cold turkey...

bcsack

Old-Salt
Worried about Football field sized area's ? - this reported clearance has been going on daily since the 1960's -
"Football pitch' of Amazon forest lost every minute".
The rainforest was described to us as schoolkids as the "lungs of Earth" - chop down the lungs of any
creature for half a century and wonder why it no longer functions as well as it used to !!