Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

It's the same in the UK when they use one of the weather stations at Heathrow
I very much doubt it. UK Met office has an international reputation to maintain. In addition most airports nowadays (around the world) don't rely on yea olde Stevenson screen with observers checking it out every 20 mins. They have AWOS (Automated Weather Observation Station) which does it all, as the name suggests, automatically. Vaisala is a Finnish company and is a world leader in AWOS. It is essential for aircraft to have accurate temperatures as it has an enormous effect on the weight they can carry, especially in the summer.

You'll no doubt have been bombarded with the "hottest day ever" in France all over the media. Someone had a look at the locations that have given those 'record' temperatures:

This is why the whole thing is a farce. Why on earth would official sources use weather stations that are completely inappropriate and which don't conform to standards? Why lie when such can easily be found out?

It's the same in the UK when they use one of the weather stations at Heathrow
TBH I'm not surprised it's so hot in France, if they hadn't lit all those bonfires, it wouldn't be so hot. Simples

@Electromagnetic ...London without aircon and when it's about 35 is not fun...you literally sweat sitting/ laying in your bed...spent most of the day at a cooli-sh sort of pub but back now and dripping..TMI, I know.

Worse in France and other parts of mainland Europe. Humidity obviously makes it worse. Wicking base layers are good if you have them.
No I don't but I am laughing out while sweat dripping off my forehead while typing to you! It's almost 9pm here and it's still 30 deg C. And yes I know about France - was talking to a friend who is there earlier.

No I don't but I am laughing out while sweat dripping off my forehead while typing to you! It's almost 9pm here and it's still 30 deg C. And yes I know about France - was talking to a friend who is there earlier.
Delirious probably. Isotonic mix of juice and water with a pinch of salt stirred in it may help. Failing that brew up some sweet tea.

Last edited:

anglo

LE
What effect did WW2 have on the world climate, in manufacturing alone a lot of CO2 must
have been producing, no one seems to mention WW2 with relation to climate

In Sheffield at the moment waiting to pick up wife and daughter from some social event I have managed to avoid. It is 21:52 and according to the outside temperature display it 22 degrees centigrade outside my car. Inside according to the climate control display it is 17 degrees centigrade. My diesel engine is running and no doubt killing things for miles around but that's okay because...

1. I am cool
2. They are all dee-dahs. That is Sheffield folk for those of you not from Chesterfield.

anglo

LE
In Sheffield at the moment waiting to pick up wife and daughter from some social event I have managed to avoid. It is 21:52 and according to the outside temperature display it 22 degrees centigrade outside my car. Inside according to the climate control display it is 17 degrees centigrade. My diesel engine is running and no doubt killing things for miles around but that's okay because...

1. I am cool
2. They are all dee-dahs. That is Sheffield folk for those of you not from Chesterfield.
AAAHH you speak of Chesterfield, a city in Gods country

AAAHH you speak of Chesterfield, a city in Gods country
Chesterfield is a TOWN in Derbyshire sir, a county that God created after he'd finished practicing on Yorkshire.

Latest Threads