Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

What was the really quick 'global warming' - it was Allerød oscillation between Middle (or, in some places - Older) and Younger Dryas.
Allerød oscillation - Wikipedia

In the very few tens of years, may be even some years, temperature was raised from the typical Ice Age to the almost modern values.
Why? Nobody knows. Evidently, not because of the industrial burning of the fossil fuel.
YD has nothing to do with this. Straw man.

Observed cooling during recovery from ice age suspected to be because of shutdown of North Atlantic drift probably due to cold water influx from Hudson Bay. Then warming returns once the systems recovered.

Very different situation so a complete straw man.

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

Also cannot remember if the YD shows up in the Southern Hemisphere but memory says it didn’t.

Last edited:
First, you should read the whole article from wikipedia, including
Oh the irony

Pray tell, is this obsession with diverting attention for Climate Change/Global Warming/Extreme Weather etc towards atmospheric H20 and away from CO2 anything to do with the fact that you work for a large country that is interested in flogging cheap gas to western europe

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
YD has nothing to do with this. Straw man.

Observed cooling during recovery from ice age suspected to be because of shutdown of North Atlantic drift probably due to cold water influx from Hudson Bay. Then warming returns once the systems recovered.
I didn't tell about global cooling in start of Young Dryas. I told about global warming at the end of Middle (or Old) Dryas - Allerød oscillation.

"Allerød oscillation
The Allerød oscillation (Danish: Allerødtiden) was a warm and moist global interstadial that occurred c.13,900 to 12,900 BP, nearly at the end of the last glacial period. It raised temperatures in the northern Atlantic region to almost present-day levels, before they declined again in the succeeding glacial Younger Dryas, which was followed by the present warm Holocene."
And it was the really quick warming.

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Pray tell, is this obsession with diverting attention for Climate Change/Global Warming/Extreme Weather etc towards atmospheric H20 and away from CO2 anything to do with the fact that you work for a large country that is interested in flogging cheap gas to western europe
This thread is not about selling gas. This thread is about the dark heresy of environmentalism. You know:
SAVE_20190517_144646.jpeg

You may like it, or you may hate it, but you should understand that it is not a science.

This thread is not about selling gas. This thread is about the dark heresy of environmentalism. You know:
View attachment 393450
You may like it, or you may hate it, but you should understand that it is not a science.
Put down the vodka and step away from the keyboard comrade

Yeah, I'm a bit pissed at that. Just got a new boiler last year with a 10 year warranty. I hope they don't force me to change it before then!
The IPCC has factored your boiler into its report and has advised the fight against global warming is postponed 10 years, but only if you agree to flush your radiators every 12 months.

I'd put the cutting down of the rainforest at the top of the "Stupidest things homo sapiens ever did" list.
We've already cut down half of it, with the rest likely to be gone by 2060.
Most of the cleared land is too poor to grow anything else, except oil palm, much of which goes into "biodiesel" which is helping save the planet from increased CO2...

This species is insane.
Whilst I agree with you that what they (it's certainly not me and my neighbors) are doing to the rainforests is bad, you should be aware that, geologically speaking they are quite new and even then, the area the Amazon rainforests now cover was heavily populated by man until the Spanish turned up.
I suggest you look up Amazonian Dark Earth (Terra preta), which was a major contributor to the spread of the forest once the Amazonian natives began to die off due to introduction of western diseases.
These natives had been working the Amazon basin for many thousands of years and the population in the area ran into the millions. Just look what they are finding when they cut back the forest (Google Amazon geoglyphs for more examples):

And I suggest you read this - The Pristine Myth: The Landscape of the
I'll reiterate though, I agree that damaging the rainforest is a BAD thing. There are a lot of things in there such as undiscovered species, plants useful to medicine and indigenous people who should be left alone, but it does annoy me when people (not you) suggest that it is some kind of untouched natural paradise, when this is far from the case.

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh good, we are going to sacrifice and waste more taxpayers' money to make what is globally a teensy weensy contribution to cutting emissions, unmatched by major polluters like Russia, China, India and the US whose massive populations will go on burning coal (and in the case of the Indians, wood for cooking), based on a superstitious belief that Global Warming exists, and that it is caused by man, not by volcanoes, wildfires, the sun or anything else.

Where I live tides are of great interest. I have been here 50 years and have seen no change. Indeed there are records from between the wars of tides here higher than I have experienced.

Isn't a world run by lefty liberal loony lamebrain arts people wonderful?

R
Oh good, we are going to sacrifice and waste more taxpayers' money to make what is globally a teensy weensy contribution to cutting emissions, unmatched by major polluters like Russia, China, India and the US whose massive populations will go on burning coal (and in the case of the Indians, wood for cooking), based on a superstitious belief that Global Warming exists, and that it is caused by man, not by volcanoes, wildfires, the sun or anything else.

Where I live tides are of great interest. I have been here 50 years and have seen no change. Indeed there are records from between the wars of tides here higher than I have experienced.

Isn't a world run by lefty liberal loony lamebrain arts people wonderful?
Brilliant, a bloke on the internet has the answer.

Could you just give nasa et al your peer-reviewed science and proof so we can stop wasting money.

Attachments

Depends on what outcomes you are prepared to tolerate. A few less polar bears or Bangladesh under water.
There are polar bears in South Yorkshire animal park. I can see them so bugger them at the north pole.

It’s freely and summer has been cancelled. Global warming my cold ass
Oh good, someone else who can't tell the difference between global average temperature and local weather.

Oh look it, another global warning zealot who calls it ‘weather’ when the reality doesn’t match their fantasy.
No fantasy, global average temperature has increased over the last hundred years.

Recognising that the weather in one location does not reflect the overall changes across the whole planet does not make me a 'zealot', it means I'm not an idiot. It's the same as recognising that just because there is rain in London doesn't mean there can't be a drought in Africa.

What is the issue with your Meerkatz login?

Oh look it, another global warning zealot who calls it ‘weather’ when the reality doesn’t match their fantasy.

Oh look, another man on the internet with no credentials who knows better than actual scientists but who can’t prove it and make their millions and collect their Nobel prize.

I wonder why.