Clicking joints (adsc medical)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Bted87, Jul 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there

I'm applying to join the army as an intel linguist. I'm currently waiting for my medical checks to be wrapped up before I got to a pre-selection briefing and then adsc. I just had a couple of questions regarding the adsc medical.

For as long as I can remember, my feet click when I walk from time to time. This is more apparent when I'm barefoot, as I assume I will be at some point during the medical. my other joints sometimes click as well but not so often. Initially the doctors thought I had arthritis, but this was disproved by a rheumatologist (I have a letter to attest to this)

Anyways I was just wondering how the mo might react to clicking joints and if it is worthwhile taking the letter to the medical to show my joints are ok (I have no pain and I frequently take part in karate and kickboxing competitions and run regularly).

Thanks a lot in advance :D

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

clicking is normal so they shouldn't raise it. I doubt they would even get that far unless they have changed the medical.

3. Firstly, are you American? If not its Intelligence. Facking Intel!!
    Secondly, its nothing to worry about. If you want piece of mind take Glucosamine Sulphate, its off-the-shelf stuff that you can get from any supermarket. I had the same problem with my knees, starting taking them and now its gone. Job Jobbed. ******* Intel!

4. Try adding Olive Oil to your diet [nice on toast, or a spoon from the bottle], lubricates the joints and helps keep you supple. It helped me, keep Osteo Athertius from the door for about 10 years.

5. Helps you shit easier as well!

6. You might as well stop taking them as you're probably having a placebo effect. You need glucosamine hydrochloride as the sulphate is very poorly absorbed.
    The poster may have nothing wrong at all.

7. When I was lying on the bed at ADSC the doctor pushed my flat leg up into a bent position and it clicked. He made a joke about how it sounded worse then his do, (he was old) and that was that, I got passed.

8. I know my knees' absolutely knacked after PT, with plenty of grinding and clicking, and now they don't. But I'll switch if the others are better. Thanks for the info

9. They are much better but more expensive. I found they made no difference at all to me, neither did flax oil but it was worth a shot.

10. i went last week and my ancles click every time i make a movement, the doctor didnt say anything