Cleric gets a roasting

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Aunty Stella, Apr 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dunno if this has been put on here before, but this arabic lady gives the cleric a right roasting. It made me smile and fair play to her.

I wonder if she's been stoned and burned to death yet :)

2. Yeah .... She's good. Knows what she wants to say, delivers it firmly, but not too aggressively. We could do with more like her. :)

Who is she?
  3. Cleric gets a roasting

Oh...I thought this was going to be far more interesting...bloke thing I guess! :lol:
  4. She is a Syrian called Dr. Wafa Sultan and from what I can gather she is quite famous in that neck of the woods and rather outspoken against fanatics.

Good on her.
  5. She's a very courageous woman. More power to her!
  6. Have to admit that I thought you had mis spelt Clare Ric gets a roasting and was hoping for something a little bit different. She is good tho'!!
  7. I notice the only thing the cleric can do is try and denounce her. The truth hurts, dosn't it?
  8. Long may she continue to roast (poetically speaking) :D
  9. Beggar me! She's awesome! I'd vote for her over our politicians anyday. And absolutely she's spot on the money.

Cheers for that Aunty, made my day!
  10. Checking Google/Wiki, it appears Dr Sultan is NOT a politician. It says she's a Syrian-American psychologist/psychiatrist, living in U.S.A. This means she can speak her mind, without the constraints of having to follow a particular party manifesto...... her opinions are her own.
  11. What a woman!

12. I wonder if they have sent her to meet har maker yet
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

While it would appear she has lost her faith, she lacks none of the 'hell and brimstone' public speaking method, with obligatory pause for breath before departure on next rhetorical verbal hyperbole. Many religious speakers use this, Paisley springs to mind, actually Adolf was quite good at it too. However I find when anyone adopts this tone I automatically switch off, so anything she said that might have some truth in it was lost on me, much like when religious leaders do it in sermon.
  14. So, Nehustan, you were able to listen, without requiring the subtitles? In common with others, I expect, I "no speeka da lingo" and had to rely on the subtitles. Hence, switching off the ears wasn't an issue.
  15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well the subtitles helped, but my wife is Arabic, so I am used to hearing it, Arab TV on at home etc.