Cleggs the Atheist?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TopBadger, Dec 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trust me, Tony, that wasn't the reason.

2. I'm with him on that, but he ducked the druggie question.....

I'm torn between the wish for politicians that are honest, and a wish for thoise that are honest and haven't broken the law. It's impossible to take the moral high ground on anything if you effectively admit to breaking the law....

SH

3. It's a quite rare thing - a politician who tells the truth.

4. Well, he's only just got in, so i'm withholding judgement on his truth telling skills, but its a good start.

I'm not bothered about the drug issue. The simple fact is that everyone is bound to have broken some law in their life time.

This politician may turn out to be normal, horrah!

TB

5. plus he was calling for civil resistance to the id card thing.
    for those of you of the not got anything to hide.
    do you really want to give these muppets a massive database of all your personal info :roll:

6. God is yet to comment.

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Point a)
    Point b)
    In answer to point a) I vote Liberal but actually this is the one point I disagree with. Roll on ID cards, database, and (if I had my way) camera's at the quarters of public vehicles feeding into a biometric face reading computer (read as Matrix). In answer to point b) all my data is already on a database...its called 'registry' :twisted:

8. So you really think this bunch of muppets could be trusted not to feck it up
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20040417/ai_n12786205
    at least 193 have be labelled wrong un's by the crb

your matrix techno bollocks fantasy sounds like a night mare for civil liberty
    to fat too drunk smoking in public looking at a unsuitable book nick them :twisted:

9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest as the civil are nearly always uncivil, they will be getting no support from this corner for maintenace of their liberties.

10. Love the way ever the Archbishop isn't that fussed about Clegg's views. God bless our land*

*I actually typed that before I realised the irony

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

The AoC seems pretty cool. I'm due to go to a talk in the new year he's chairing on the compatability of Islamic and English law at the Temple. As de Molay et al. would declare 'Ya Allah!'

12. I bet that's a talk on compatability in this country.....and not any Islamic ones?

13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well actually it is no coincidence that its in the Temple, a nod being equivalent to a wink, 700 years etc.