Clearing after RSBs

Hi All,

Needing insight into a process and hoping someone can shed some light. Has anybody had the unfortunate experience of going through clearing following RSBs that didn’t go as planned? Or know anybody who has? What cap badges did they take to RSBs and what did they end up with following clearing?

Thanks for your help :)

No shame in going into clearing post RSBs - can easily happen to good guys. It’s a tricky process for both parties, candidates can make last minute switches, regiments may sponsor early and regret later, RSBs might be looking for a mix of what they believe to be thrusters and plodders etc.

In my experience the relevant Platoon Commander makes some discreet enquiries about the capbadges who are similarly embarrassed and does some last minute match-making. Admit it or not, nearly all regiments and corps ( perhaps excepting REME and PARA ) will be in the market at some point.

Of the guys who went through this in my intake, I don’t think on average their satisfaction or career prospects were significantly different to their peers. Which rather makes me doubt the wisdom & intricacy of the whole process. Perhaps it’s more important in reality that it appears to be fair and thorough than actually being effective.

If you have a lazy Platoon Commander and don’t fancy the RAMC, AAC or AGC(SPS) you might want to do some serious flirting yourself, though.

No shame in going into clearing post RSBs - can easily happen to good guys. It’s a tricky process for both parties, candidates can make last minute switches, regiments may sponsor early and regret later, RSBs might be looking for a mix of what they believe to be thrusters and plodders etc.

In my experience the relevant Platoon Commander makes some discreet enquiries about the capbadges who are similarly embarrassed and does some last minute match-making. Admit it or not, nearly all regiments and corps ( perhaps excepting REME and PARA ) will be in the market at some point.

Of the guys who went through this in my intake, I don’t think on average their satisfaction or career prospects were significantly different to their peers. Which rather makes me doubt the wisdom & intricacy of the whole process. Perhaps it’s more important in reality that it appears to be fair and thorough than actually being effective.

If you have a lazy Platoon Commander and don’t fancy the RAMC, AAC or AGC(SPS) you might want to do some serious flirting yourself, though.
Thank you :)

nearly all regiments and corps ( perhaps excepting REME and PARA ) will be in the market at some point.
As ever, intake dependent, apart from perhaps Para! I've seen REME stretching "suitable degree" to some fairly impressive lengths to try and fill 50% of their spaces for intakes. Not because they don't recruit well, mainly as a lot of graduates didn't have the sort of STEM degree the REME were originally looking for.