Clear the air.

Shirts out only when wearing with jeans. If there is a requirement for forearms to be 'aired' then short-sleeved shirts are to be worn. The rolling up of sleeves makes one look like a politician / prime minister just 'trying to hard' to look 'in and amongst it'.
You bastard!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ahem - me, me, me! And as a WE I have certificates for flat backing.

Now I'm not one to judge, but what you naval chaps get up to "below decks" should remain a mystery as far as I'm concerned. That phrase is going on my Do Not Google list.

I've still got my MoD 90; it doesn't run out until next year.

I've got one that doesn't have a run out date, and mentioning it on facebook caused all sorts of upset and cries of walt.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Now I'm not one to judge, but what you naval chaps get up to "below decks" should remain a mystery as far as I'm concerned. That phrase is going on my Do Not Google list.
Sounds like fudge packing but isn't.

One needs to be wary of such homonyms.

Shirts out only when wearing with jeans. If there is a requirement for forearms to be 'aired' then short-sleeved shirts are to be worn. The rolling up of sleeves makes one look like a politician / prime minister just 'trying to hard' to look 'in and amongst it'.
Short sleeved shirts make you look like a schoolboy. Rolled sleeves is the only acceptable option, not just pushing the cuffs up your arm.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Short sleeved shirts make you look like a schoolboy. Rolled sleeves is the only acceptable option, not just pushing the cuffs up your arm.

I'll tell that to my better half who routinely buys short sleeved shirts even in the depths of winter, simply because they are more practical and comfortable. Long sleeved shirts are difficult to get a good fit if one has long arms.

(Although I do admit that short sleeves and tie combination looks a bit "airplane"...)

Sounds like fudge packing but isn't.

One needs to be wary of such homonyms.
'Fudge packing' is half of a RN phrase referring to those that bimble round under the oceans in their sleek black messengers of death protecting the rest of us from the evil hordes - aka 'Bombers' or Trident boats.

The full phrase is 'Four knot fudge packers.'

Notes:
4 knots refers to the speed at which they bimble - not anal beads (probably)
Fudge has nothing to do with a sweet delicacy

jg505

Old-Salt
Yes, because I'm an ex matelot and my works on here are well documented.
There are a ouple of very senior RN personnel on here also - who both look a bit like Al;an Partridge - funny as it may.
Prince Harry is also a member on here but he never posts, now.
There's a bloke on here who held a grudge against his limbs and in a moment of lack of judgment / bad luck, turned himself into a quite decent depiction of the Isle of Man flag.

There are also a couple of ex-para types also. These can be identified as they will just call you a **** and mention "pegging" or other similar terms. The Royal Marines on here tend to keep themselves to "The other half" bit...where the dress / frock advice is more forthcoming.

Please refrain from mentioning RAF in the same sentence as any of the above. They are not military - but merely the mildly aggressive wing of Easyjet - which some cad on here once rightly pointed out.
I am absolutely apoplectic with this post, how dare someone call the RAF the mildly aggressive wing of easyJet.......I don't think for one moment we are even slightly aggressive, let alone mildly aggressive ;-)

I assumed it would be some variant of docking, but it's something quite mundane when you look it up on urban dictionary

I assumed it would be some variant of docking, but it's something quite mundane when you look it up on urban dictionary

Nope! Not falling for that! Bearing in mind that you consider concrete gnome insertion socially acceptable, I'm going to assume that your definition of 'mundane' is different to mine. :D

Latest Threads