Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear the air.

Is it too early to ask the OP if the thread is going the way the expected?

I'd join the HAC meself if I was young enough to . They have the worlds best drill hall the prettyest laidy members AAAND the long room is sumptuous.

Although when i asked for a coffee once the cheeky barman said " no we dont do it we're a bar " Git.
Ah well of to the reform for me .
They did one of the best curries I've ever had in a military context too. Fifty years ago.

mcphee1948

War Hero
Now the hour is late. We'll all soon be getting into bed. What thoughts will entertain you, I wonder, as you lie waiting for sleep to come?

Clearly I’ve annoyed some of the long standing members here. My only crime was asking relevant questions to my journey into the Reserves.

Couple of points @Toppet you don’t get to be important in my life, no matter how much you try. You are now on silent.

@alfred_the_great You took it upon yourself to involve police.

@QRK2 You seem obsessed with posting my personal details in order to put myself and my family at risk. Your choice.

The rest of you im sorry I seem to upset you all. So use this thread to be funny, insult me and troll on in order to stop destroying threads on the recruitment board. Queue up and take your best internet swing, I can take it

44159A1F-096B-410E-A9BA-237C2435278E.png

We get this:

You get these:

I rest my case.
The latter was played at the Freedom of Spandau Parade (edit: may have been Charlottenburg) in 1991 by the Micks band, when the Mayor was doing the inspection and walk around bit. Much mirth all round and our CO sent the band some crates of Shultheiss afterwards!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
This was ours:
Haste To The Wedding (The Bold King's Hussar).

Never had the Corrs play it though.

Always amuses me to think of a Corrs gig and a bunch of Fenians bouncing to the regimental.March of the Black Hussars (a sobriquet possibly dating back to 1919, and the 15th sweeping from Dublin to Belcoo hunting IRA).

Edit. Link works fine outside of Arrse.

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Well seeing as I'm the ex matelot here and all of you are ex-pongo (of sorts)

I'm in an expected (but unwanted) position of seniority.
When I decide how to cope with this authority I will post right back here. Will probably involve haircuts and back pockets being done up etc.

I see @Jimmy_Green has also posted on here - another ex-matelot.
He had the distinction of - not having his height in cm put on his ID card but - his length! - He was always horizontal. Length and girth were his only dimensions.
Ahem - me, me, me! And as a WE I have certificates for flat backing.

Well seeing as I'm the ex matelot here and all of you are ex-pongo (of sorts)

I'm in an expected (but unwanted) position of seniority.
When I decide how to cope with this authority I will post right back here. Will probably involve haircuts and back pockets being done up etc.

I see @Jimmy_Green has also posted on here - another ex-matelot.
He had the distinction of - not having his height in cm put on his ID card but - his length! - He was always horizontal. Length and girth were his only dimensions.
What's your position on shirts in / out and sleeves up / down? I need to know before I pen a dripping missive to Soldier Mag.

What's your position on shirts in / out and sleeves up / down? I need to know before I pen a dripping missive to Soldier Mag.

Shirts out only when wearing with jeans. If there is a requirement for forearms to be 'aired' then short-sleeved shirts are to be worn. The rolling up of sleeves makes one look like a politician / prime minister just 'trying to hard' to look 'in and amongst it'.

Latest Threads