• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cleaning the Telic medal

Ditto don't!

However on advice from Bro In Law who is a jeweller you might get away with e 'Jewellers Polishing cloth' but nothing more. Gentle on the rubbing mind!

Cheers

Baz44 said:
Ditto don't!

However on advice from Bro In Law who is a jeweller you might get away with e 'Jewellers Polishing cloth' but nothing more. Gentle on the rubbing mind!

Cheers
I agree, I got a 2 part cloth from H Samuel, other jewellers are available, one cloth cleans & the other puts a preservative coat on it preventing it from tarnishing.

I don't know what the bloody thing is made of but it tarnishes much, much faster than any of my other medals.

My tailor recommended using the silver dip and a very soft cloth. Rub gently because the medal is very easily scratched. Use a Q tip for any grubby bits.

Litotes

Send 'em to messdress.com in bournemouth.

He'll mount 'em for £4 a medal (with new ribbons) and will clean them for you. He also lacquers them to prevent retarnishing.

chocolate_frog said:
Send 'em to messdress.com in bournemouth.

He'll mount 'em for £4 a medal (with new ribbons) and will clean them for you. He also lacquers them to prevent retarnishing.

Yes good idea, one word of warning..dont get them wet. or nick the laquer....any moisture gets in behind the laquer...can cause rust...and you cant polish them with laquer on

Latest Threads