Cleaning Regimental Colours

Discussion in 'Officers' started by cowduke33, Oct 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst looking after my mate's issued black lab, it decided to cock its leg on the colours. A nice yellow stain followed. DOes anyone have any ideas how to clean them. The manufacturers asid not to dry clean them but that was the sum totoal of their assisstance.

2. Bung them in the washing macine with your CS95 and pink undies, then tumble dry. Once completed you will be able to use siad colours with your toy soldier collection!!!! :D
  3. you can try licking it that might help.
  4. Execute the dog, say feck all.
  5. That's some dog that can piss on a pair of colours on top of 10 ft pikes!
  6. The VANISH range of products do something for carpets. Does not involve washing - foam sort of thing, spray and rub with colour-free cloth. Try on an out of sight bit first though.
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I take it that you have given up your social life for the foreseeable future :cry: Or had you not told anuyone before letting Arrse know about it. :pig:
  8. If you are in/ close to London, give these guys a try. Dry cleaners etc to Her Maj & co, sorted out my mess kit without a problem after a soaking in an ornamental fish pond. Take said Colours along & see what they can do. Won't take you for an arm or leg either.
  9. try this but be carefull

Dab area with a towel,
    wash with suds only of fair liquid and rinse with 1/2 cup vinegar diluted in 1 qt warm water. Lay towel over the spot and weigh it down to absorb excess moisture. Let stand 4 to 6 hours, then remove towel, brush up nap and allow to dry completely. To speed drying, use an electric fan at a safe distance.

10. Shoot the dog, then yourself.
  11. WAH..... WAH, WAH, WAH!!!
  12. shame you're not in the arty, then you would only have had to wipe the pee off a bloody great cannon, dry it off and walk on by, whistling merrily
  13. set fire to the colours and blame it on the cleaner!