Cleaning Pro Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Closet_Jibber, Mar 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I decided to end up running after someone through a particularly smelling bit of pond/bog the other day. The upshot is I was knee deep in stink at one point and unlike being on exercise, smelling like a damp cam net is not an option for my day to day life.

Question.

Can I safely put my issue Pro Boots in the wash?

2. hose them down :p
    I use mine for work the fire hose works wonders at the end of the day.

3. I can get more pressure behind my p1ss than I can out of my garden hose which is in effect some old rubber tubing attatched to my kitchen tap.

4. Stick one of your fingers in the hose, that should produce a smaller but much higher-pressure jet.

5. :D How do you think a 6 foot hose reaches the end of my pitiful garden.

6. Dubin (probably spelt wrong) after you have finished the cleaning process

7. Afternoon Closet_Jibber,

Clean of external dirt, mud and shite, clean the inside with warm soapy water, turn upside down allow to dry naturally. Quick squirt of Fabreze once totally dry. Dubbin is probably best to finish with.

To avoid this nasty smelly situation in future; Stop running you fool! It's not natural! :)

8. dubbin makes leather waterproof by sealing it, that will mean the Gortex will not work. Just polish after they are clean

9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Wow, what an epically shite thread and it's not even in the newbies section!

Surely cleaning pro boots is the same as cleaning any other boots i.e. get your man to do it?

10. Wah :)

11. they smell because of the bacteria, splash em with Dettol, leave it for 10, rinse em let em dry somewhere fairly warm then put them in the freezer to kill any remaining bacteria thas causes the smell.

12. Remove insoles and laces, chuck them in the washing machine inside a pillow case.

Immerse in a bucket of soapy warm water.

Brush clean.

Let them dry slowly, with newspaper inside to help keep the shape.

Once dry throw them out and buy Altbergs you grubby little peasant.

13. 1. Wash off crud
    2. Smother in kiwi while they are still wet
    3. Stuff news paper inside them
    4. Allow to air dry
    5. Add polish every day until dry(until no more starch lines)
    6. Buff up to a pleasing gleam

14. 1. Wash off crud
    2. Smother in kiwi while they are still wet
    3. Stuff news paper inside them
    4. Allow to air dry
    5. Add polish every day until dry(until no more starch lines)
    6. Buff up to a pleasing gleam

15. Dont polish too much with a brush as this will cause the stitching to come away, your talking years mind you