Cleaning of laptop screens

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by armr617, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just walked into the lounge to find my 3 yr old 'helping' daddy.
    His idea of helping?
    Using the wifes elvive 'anti frizz leave in conditioner to clean my macbook screen. :x

The screen is now silky smooth and shiny, with no frizz!
    however it is also quite smeared.

Any thoughts as to what to use to remove said gunk?

2. You can buy wet wipes in a tub especially for cleaning LCD screens. You should be able to get them from any decent computer shop. ;)

3. stockinette, (tubigrip)

4. I've always used a dab of warm water with a soft cloth or cotton ball, then gone over the screen again with a dry soft cloth and repeated if needed.

Can't say I've had to remove anti-frizz conditioner though, but give it a shot

5. Windolene 'smear free'. No I'm not joking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Inventive with the excuses eh?

7. Damp-type CD cleaning tissues
    Damp type spectacle/binocular/camera lens cleaner wipe thingies.

8. How about grabbing the child's hair and using its face to clean the screen, as a way of discouraging such helpfulness in the future?

Otherwise I normally use the packets of wipes you can buy in the supermarket to clean mine (they're meant for cleaning reading glasses) - think it's about £1.50 for a little box of them.

9. Yep, it'll take more than wet wipes or windolene to get rid of that stuff once it has dried in (or so I've been told :) )

10. Your 3 year old was doing what with your Dad?!?!?!

Did you call the plod?? 8O

11. Generally, I find that if I avoid spaffing on the screen, just a little spray of spectacle cleaner with a glass cleaning cloth works. However, for spaff, I make the wife lick it off.

12. Nice one Scott, that made I laugh!

13. Wire Brush & Dettol