cleaning nirex folders

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by devilish, Sep 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Other than alcohol wipes, which I don't have to hand, is there anything else I can use to clean my folder?

2. If youhave written on the plastic pages with permanent marker, then a simple pencil eraser should do the trick, just keep rubbing 'til its all gone

3. Duraglit metal polish does the trick nicely.

4. Thanks guys, thankfully I have both those items to hand. Cheers.

5. Scribble over the permanent pen with a non-permanent pen and it will come of with a quick wipe ;)

I also used to keep a small tub of nail varnish remover pads in my bergen for cleaning my orders book...works a treat and if you are man enough, you can even deflect most of the piss takes too :lol:

6. Of course, I never mark maps or write orders down in the field. I simply consign everything to memory in the 5 seconds before the message self-distructs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Amazingly the only thing that's actually taking the bloody ink off is nail varnish remover.

Why I have that to hand, well that's up to you's to conclude.

8. Brasso.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thats what I said. Come on, keep up.

10. Fair one. Would you believe I just had to google duraglit? Never heard that before!

11. tis written on the side of the brasso tin.

12. Issue insect repellant also works

13. msr

msr LE

14. white board marker over the top then clean with a rag.
    meths
    most alcohol products including deodrant and after shave

15. Any deodrant spray will do the job. Or rub over it with scotchbrite and rite on it with pencil in the future.