Cleaning my smelly helmet.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by RubberWheeler, Oct 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My helmet has deleloped such a distinctive odour that nobody wants to play with me anymore. It seems to get worse during periods of extreme activity, especially in warmer climates. How can I get rid of the odourous, sticky black goo around the rim of my helmey without causing any damage?

2. Use a chainsaw to trim just underneath the rim.

3. HHH

HHH LE

Eight years wait to post that, wow, it was well worth the wait (not)

• Like Like x 1
  4. My helmet was clean 8 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exchange the pads or lid complete. Job....jobbed!

6. I hear IEDs work well

• Like Like x 1
  7. Circumcision?

8. Kill yourself?

9. Black goo, sounds like that new strain of the clap that does not respond to any antibiotic. Sadly, right now it is incurable. Better see a doc about amputation.

10. Forgot to add. If the build up is extremely bad, a cheese grater is the tool of choice.

11. Good grief!!

Get thee to (at the very least) the local clap clinic for a simple test to see if the maloderous black gloop is infectious.

Failing that just scrub your old fella in neat domestos. It'll hurt like billio but by crikey it'll be clean.

12. It could be due to warts. Does this look familiar??

cond53.jpg

Hope not, treatment is difficult. Also quite contagious, a neighbor who is a professor at a dental school was telling me he has seen horrendous oral warts spread from genital warts. Very hard to treat.

13. Cheese grater? Poofs. Real men use a hammer.