Cleaning in Army?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Billboard, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question is there alot of this? Thanks in advance.
  2. Depends upon how many servants you have.
  3. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

No, of course not. I've never had to clean anything. Not even a pair of boots.
  4. Yes, how on earth can you even ask this bone question?! You will have to clean yourself, your boots, your uniform, your locker, your dorm room, your weapon, the training establishment, everything!

Christ, how moronic do they grow them these days. Cleaning is part of the Army ethos of self-discipline, self-reliance and self-management. A clean Army is a healthy Army is a ready Army. Mong.
  5. Grapevine it is a basic question, but just trying to compare the cleaning intensity between british military and french foreign legion.
  6. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Well British cleaning is much better. The smelly frogs just waft a duster around and smell of onions. Everyone knows that.

Hope that helps
  7. Both are superb fighting forces and they don't get the reputations they have by being dirty barstewards.
  8. Anything British would be of a much higher standard obviously, Mr Jonathon Foreigner does not understand personal hygiene or standards.
  9. And do you know that they now sell chopped onions in a tin for those of you who cry alot, seen in the shop today whilst out and about :D
  10. I used to think the O2 tag was unfair, I now realise it is essential, STFU you waste of air.
  11. Mostly the females do the cleaning during basic training, the lads chill out and play with guns. The NCO's who are in charge of the sections tend to do a lot of the cleaning aswell to take some pressure of the recruits.
  12. The FFL doesn't have many frogs in it.
  13. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Really, you surprise me - are you sure?????
  14. As Bromhead said in Zulu.. "Is you kit dirty ?? Dont worry, I'll get my man to do it" .. If youre in training or thinking to be an Orrifice then washing machine and detergent will never ever be found in your dictionary... merely look under "Batman" ... and I dont mean the gimp masked caped crusader either...