• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cleaning Desert Boots

I've got a pair of oakley desert boots, has anyone got any tips for cleaning them.

I'm stuck out in west africa and wear them daily, not got much access to cleaning materials out here, so anything effective yet basic would be appreciated.

Cheers

Martin

Can't speak for desert boots specifically, but holding suede shoes/handbags in the steam over a boiling kettle/pan lifts the nap and helps loosen dirt! :D

Fallschirmjager said:
buryfc66 said:
Wire brush works wonders on my Meindl's.
Yep. If they're completely encrusted in mud then knock off the hard bits then use a big wire brush on them. Wash with water every now and then to get the sweat out.
Or sit in Bugis street in Singers,a little Chinese kid will clean them with a hacksaw blade :D

Gungythree said:
Feck,my old Denison smock will be turning in it's grave now :)
I would give my back teeth to still be able to wear the Denison smock. The Paki smocks we're getting at present are crap. I've resorted to buying old Para smocks off ebay.

Fallschirmjager said:
Gungythree said:
Feck,my old Denison smock will be turning in it's grave now :)
I would give my back teeth to still be able to wear the Denison smock. The Paki smocks we're getting at present are crap. I've resorted to buying old Para smocks off ebay.
Surely it be nice to see the old WW2 denisons smocks back, I remember by eldest brother getting my Grandads. It almost held religious significance.

bigbird67 said:
auscam said:
bigbird67 said:
Can't speak for desert boots specifically, but holding suede shoes/handbags in the steam over a boiling kettle/pan lifts the nap and helps loosen dirt! :D
Yes that works wonders for mine too.
It must be an absolute SOD to get sand out of your issue handbags :D
Yes, but mine are an ochre shade so the Outback soil doesn't show after a night's seeing-to at the Chromosome B&S

Latest Threads