Cleaning Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by martin7606, Sep 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a pair of oakley desert boots, has anyone got any tips for cleaning them.

I'm stuck out in west africa and wear them daily, not got much access to cleaning materials out here, so anything effective yet basic would be appreciated.

Cheers

Martin

2. Water usually helps.

3. a good vigerous brushing...or stand in a pond

4. Wire brush works wonders on my Meindl's.

5. Put your hands in them, stand outside and clap them together.

6. Yep. If they're completely encrusted in mud then knock off the hard bits then use a big wire brush on them. Wash with water every now and then to get the sweat out.

7. Can't speak for desert boots specifically, but holding suede shoes/handbags in the steam over a boiling kettle/pan lifts the nap and helps loosen dirt! :D

8. Or sit in Bugis street in Singers,a little Chinese kid will clean them with a hacksaw blade :D

9. Or just get a tom to clean them for you! :)

10. I was on about the dessies for social occasions,vomit and p1sh stained,not the warry ones :)

11. The Parachute Regiment has come up in the world since you served. We're not scruffy bastards anymore thank you! :D

12. Feck,my old Denison smock will be turning in it's grave now :)

13. Cheers for the advice, bloody things are filthy.

14. I would give my back teeth to still be able to wear the Denison smock. The Paki smocks we're getting at present are crap. I've resorted to buying old Para smocks off ebay.