Cleaning bayonet scabbard

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by herbertuk, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you clean a bayonet scabbard ?

someone mentioned you can use boot polish and water ?

Would be grateful for an honest answer
  2. Elbow grease.
  3. Bleach, wire brush and a pipe cleaner.......................... then if that doesnae work... go see the Regimental Medical 'Hofficer...... :p
  4. Just hand it back in to your QM and tell him you need to exchange it for a clean one. He'll be happy to clean it for you ;)
  5. blowtorch.
  6. Can you bull the black scabbard to make it all nice and shiney ?

Any guardsmen out there ?
  7. Probably. Why don't you just try it?
  8. Is this really a question about a "bayonet scabbard", or a euphemism for something else. Like your rectum for instance. If it is, don't be afraid to try the bleach, wire brush and pipe cleaner method, and let everyone know how it goes.
  9. just wash the bloody thing, soap and water !!!
  10. Bull it? Feck orf! Nylon brush the outside, rinse the inside with warm water, turn upside down and allow to drip dry. If you have the infantry type, as above but remember to lightly oil the metally bits.

Hang the feck on - this is the NAAFI not the QMs.

Stick it up your hoop until it reaches your prostate shake it like a basturd until you shoot your load, then lick it clean. repeat several times until eyes stop watering.

If you have any really long and thick bayonets, send them to me and I'll 'clean' them for you.
  11. Reminds me of my Dad telling me he had an almighty bollocking for Blacking up his 37 pattern webbing with boot polish, to camouflage it when he were a sprog. He laughed about it THEN! :D
  12. The SLR Black Ceremonial Scabbards were painted Black with High Gloss Black Paint

hate to spoil the bulling part for you

13. Black Japlac. AADC circa 73.
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I feel cheated that this thread contains no gay sex innuendo.