Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Claudia Webbe Watch

In the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency the term used is ‘traditionally built’.

That series does have some wonderful phrases and expressions.
One I use, as for some reason I just do not like most of the so-called polite euphemisms for someone’s death, is ‘became late’.
I’ve had no hesitation in writing or saying that when telling people ‘my Father became late almost three years ago.’

Bit of grumbling from local women's equality groups a couple of years back about how fighter jet cockpits were racist, not being able to acommodate the traditionally built women as it were.

I'm sure they could squeeze in, with the added bonus of the Martin Baker exit could leave a few stone behind.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

offog

LE
Bit of grumbling from local women's equality groups a couple of years back about how fighter jet cockpits were racist, not being able to acommodate the traditionally built women as it were.
I thought they all went to the heavy lift wing.

Getting past the seat to sit down in a C130 isn't going to happen for them either. Bloody tight fit between the seat and the side panel.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Getting past the seat to sit down in a C130 isn't going to happen for them either. Bloody tight fit between the seat and the side panel.
Racist Flossies !

Ja, getting my 6'4" honkie arse in there wasn't a walk in the park either.

Shortarse

I think this will be a good one

Labour MP Claudia Webbe has been charged with harassing a woman.
Ms Webbe, who represents Leicester East, is accused of one count of harassment between September 2018 and April this year.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said the 55-year-old MP is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 11 November.
Ms Webbe has said she is "innocent of any wrongdoing" and that she will "vigorously" defend herself in court.
Labour has suspended Ms Webbe from the party and the party whip following the harassment charge, the BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg understands.
A Labour Party spokesperson said: "It would not be appropriate to comment on an ongoing case."
Jenny Hopkins, from the CPS, said: "The CPS has today decided that Claudia Webbe, MP for Leicester East, should be charged with an offence of harassment against one female.
"The CPS made the decision after receiving a file of evidence from the Metropolitan Police."
Ms Webbe was elected as an MP in December's general election, taking over the seat previously held by Keith Vaz.
She remains a councillor in Islington, north London, since 2010, and was also a member of Labour's National Executive Committee.
Earlier in her career she acted as an adviser to Ken Livingstone when he was Mayor of London.
A judge with a sense of humour would sentence her to be married to Alex Salmond

"Last year, Webbe was chosen by the NEC to stand to become an MP in Leicester East. The sitting MP, veteran Keith Vaz, stood down following a critical parliamentary inquiry which found he had expressed a willingness to buy cocaine for sex workers."

philc

LE
Seems Ms Webbe asked for her address not to be read out and not have to stand in the dock, both were denied. Oh get her Grandness, does not want to participate in common law.

Seems Ms Webbe asked for her address not to be read out and not have to stand in the dock, both were denied. Oh get her Grandness, does not want to participate in common law.
Guido’s report of this would indicate she has got off on the wrong foot with Arbuthnot J.
“Everybody goes into the dock in this building… everyone who has been in front of me for the last few years has been in the dock. I don’t see why there should be an exceptional course in this case… Every defendant gives their address unless there’s an extraordinary reason.”

Ahaa!
The Judge is one Emma Arbuthnot, w/o Rt Hon James Arbuthnot PC, aka The Lord Arbuthnot of Edrom.
She presided over the Assange case.
Loud will be the wailing from Islington at the thought of the w/o a Conservative peer giving a Lab MP a tough time today.
You could almost believe Webbe’s brief put those requests up deliberately, knowing they would be knocked down, and they can now make a fuss about political bias, with a side hint of racism thrown in.