Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Claudia Webbe Watch

The time has come to change the legislation where local authorities are obliged to accommodate those who have outstayed their visas etc.
PM if you want the truth, my 'mate' will answer

The time has come to change the legislation where local authorities are obliged to accommodate those who have outstayed their visas etc.
The local councillors would be legislated to take them into their own homes, be financially responsible for them, feed, clothe etc.
Might concentrate a few minds-you want the votes? Work for it you bent twats!

Nothing is done as the requirement for testicular fortitude is a step too far for our elected officials. It appears the chattering classes, supported by the media call the shots when it comes to deciding migration policy.
My 'mate' said he got a bloke, EU national. Benefits, settled status, social house which his team furnished and he couldn't even say thank you in English. Granted he had only been here 12 years.
Now is that he fault, as everywhere he worked everyone employed spoke Russian and the government does not insist on leaving the native language ....
Who is living in Germany? Did you have to learn German?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
An other scenario.:- All taken to the local nick, all checked and found to be illegally in the UK, bussed to their country's embassy's, with the strict understanding that the ambassador and his staff arrange transport back to country of origin. under strict guard, from embassy to airport, And while on embassy turf, confined to the building. All fed, housed on embassy grounds. All at the embassy's expense....sorted.

If that twat Julian Assange can hole up in the Ecuadorian embassy for 3 years, a few illegals for a few days should be no problem.
UK law does not apply within the embassies of a foreign nation on UK soil except if the lives of UK citizens are at risk. Just saying...

Yes getting them mixed up, they are dead to me anyway.

Londo

LE
There is or at least was an IT director with that very same name

Just the same as there really are people called Richard Head (but never seemed to be called Dick for some strange reason best left to themselves)
I knew of one such and did hear him called Dick on one occasion by someone chancing their arm and who got away with it . Bit lucky really as Dick was quite a big bloke and a rugby player even if he was a dick (and a throbber) Even if he did have a smashing looking wife . Lilly Head .
And no I didn't but would have loved too have .
The few times I met her she did take a shine to me for some strange reason .

I'd understand why if people didn't though. Just Google the way Ted Jeory (Tower Hamlets investigative blogger) was treated. Plus there was a blog in NE England that exposed local council corruption and the council used taxpayers money to sue them. Pretty disgusting really.

Rotten Boroughs in Private Eye is the best place for it, plus it's the only part of the Eye still worth reading that hasn't been infected by Remoanerism.

I worked as a consultant in LBTH in the last few months of Lutfur's reign alongside the appointed commissioners and saw the lid lifted on all of it.

Kevan Collins was "relieved" of his post as CEO in a Full Council meeting when he refused to sign off on the Poplar Town Hall property deal and it took almost 2 years to appoint anyone into the job before Aman Dalvi got it as an interim where he lasted a whole 46 days on £2500 a day (pocketing about £115K). He then took them to court, and won a settlement of about £150k before being given the £120k a year job of housing and development director.

Grant money was being channelled into "youth groups" run out of the mosques where it was being used to fund gangs of street enforcers in the Bangladeshi community who behaved as a sort of "religious police" harassing women (not just muslim) about their un-Islamic behaviour and intimidating the community to vote for him, which is what led to the violence outside the Roxy Theatre after the Mayoral election count in 2014. The costs of holding a "secure" count in the Excel and the policing operation around the election and count in 2015 were astronomical. The dodgy land deals selling council assets well below market rate to his developer friends was just the tip of the ice-berg. When he was kicked out of office by the courts he transferred his sizeable assets (about £800k worth) into his sister's name and claimed he was homeless.

Most of the loony-left councils in London are the same. If they aren't running some scam or other, they are spunking money tilting at windmills like Hammersmith who started a tax-payer funded campaign to try and get the Brexit 50p commemorative coin removed from circulation and declaring a "climate emergency" that no doubt starts and ends at the borough boundary rather than fixing Hammersmith bridge - which is causing misery to hundreds and thousands of commuters - or rigging traffic lights to deliberately catch out motorists in box junctions to rake in millions in fines.

My 'mate' said he got a bloke, EU national. Benefits, settled status, social house which his team furnished and he couldn't even say thank you in English. Granted he had only been here 12 years.
Now is that he fault, as everywhere he worked everyone employed spoke Russian and the government does not insist on leaving the native language ....

Perhaps it might focus a few minds if there were no more "translators" on hand (it seems) everywhere.
If you can't understand what the nice police officer, nurse, judge is saying, get your own translation. Simple.

We have a holiday gaff in Spain. A more welcoming nation you will struggle to find as the Town Council translates absolutely everything from Spanish… to Catalan. If you can't speak either Castillion Spanish or Catalan (I'd call it a Spanish dialect, but they do get precious about this) then you are simply somewhere between "on your own" and "fukced". Of course the Town Council assists by putting on free weekly Spanish lessons, but on the principle of you can lead a horse to water and all that.

Oh, and Spain is run by a mostly left wing government from National to regional to local in all but a small handful of places. They obviously didn't get Owen Jones' latest memo in spite of it being translated into Indo-Swahili for the benefit of the 2 or so immigrants from that community who would be painfully disadvantaged by the inherent white privilege.

NSP

LE
Perhaps it might focus a few minds if there were no more "translators" on hand (it seems) everywhere.
If you can't understand what the nice police officer, nurse, judge is saying, get your own translation. Simple.
I have to wonder at the need for translators when we are constantly told that the "draw" for migrants is that we speak English here.

I seem to remember, 5+ years ago, when some borough up London way, enforced that. All council bumf in English only, and, as at the end of your post, you provide the translator. Saved the locals millions on council tax. If I've imagined it. or it's been rescinded, apologies.