Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Claudia Webbe Watch

Just got to love the Labour party lurching into the mud again, and talking of lurching, is it me or does her forehead, not be all 'Lurch from the Addams family' like.

@Archimedes The "pangolin in China with a bit of a tight chest" made me titter so stealing that for a rainy day. :wink:

I'd trust Lurch to be PM over Kier Starmer anyday

That's not an uncommon occurrence, other councils all over the land have some problems, however big or small with fraudsters, its endemic where public money is concerned. Nothing to see here, move along!

It's certainly not something only happens in Labour controlled councils

Tyk

LE
Clearly a top notch constituency MP.

A spokesperson for Leicester East Labour party criticised Webbe for failing to inform the CLP about the charges in advance. “We are shocked at these developments. Since her election Claudia Webbe has chosen not to have had any dealings with the CLP. Against our express wishes she has remained an Islington councillor.

Slime

LE
It was refreshing to hear her say she is innocent and looking forward to the opportunity to prove that.

She may well be innocent, and the accuser, police and CPS may all be wrong, but, there seems to be a bit of a precedent with MPs being found guilty after initially crowing about their innocence and welcoming the opportunity to prove so.

There's an American expression "to put lipstick on a pig" which means to make superficial or cosmetic changes to a product in a futile effort to disguise its fundamental failings.

Looks like someone took it a bit too literally.

Oh I dunno. A few cosmetic alterations and we have Whitney reincarnated. :highfive:

Screenshot_20200929-141658_Free Adblocker Browser_copy_1080x1794.jpg

Chef

LE
Strangely enough no mention of this on the BBC news today, which is odd as it ticks many boxes:

1/ BAME people involved BLM angle.
2/ Woman involved so news fodder for 'Woman's Hour'.
3/ Woman harasses other woman, potential homophobic issue, can we get Mr Owen's view?
4/ The Islington angle as well, guarantees extra listeners.

I'm fairly certain if it had been a Conservative MP it would have led the news.

Of course she's innocent, certainly of the Reichstag fire.

Slime

LE
Strangely enough no mention of this on the BBC news today, which is odd as it ticks many boxes:

1/ BAME people involved BLM angle.
2/ Woman involved so news fodder for 'Woman's Hour'.
3/ Woman harasses other woman, potential homophobic issue, can we get Mr Owen's view?
4/ The Islington angle as well, guarantees extra listeners.

I'm fairly certain if it had been a Conservative MP it would have led the news.

Of course she's innocent, certainly of the Reichstag fire.

It was yesterday’s story, and was featured yesterday (at least on the radio).

pc flaps

Old-Salt
Didn't Corbyn's left take control of Islington in the 80's by bullying and intimidation?

If so, I suspect she's just the off-shoot of decades off distasteful practices in central London condoned by many to achieve the 'right' result each time.

The left always moaned about the Sun and other tabloids describing such councils as "loony left". The point is that, among the daft stories about singing baa baa green sheep etc, was some genuine corruption that needed exposing. Islington was bad, but Lambeth, Haringey and some other boroughs were just as bad. All were Left controlled.

It was refreshing to hear her say she is innocent and looking forward to the opportunity to prove that.

She may well be innocent, and the accuser, police and CPS may all be wrong, but, there seems to be a bit of a precedent with MPs being found guilty after initially crowing about their innocence and welcoming the opportunity to prove so.
" with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play".

pc flaps

Old-Salt
Southall council is bent as a donkeys hind leg.

planning permission involves a money transfer to an address in Mumbai.

I'd bet most local councils in England have a link between dodgy property developments and someone somewhere in the town planning dept who likes brown envelopes.

Latest Threads