Classified documents on memory card????

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by eralcd, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys

Bit concerned about something I found on a microSD card on a mobile phone that my ex used to borrowed off me.

While going through it I discovered a huge amount of incripted files which I have managed to break into. Its my card so why shouldnt i take a look??

There are hundreds of scanned military documents from Dalton Barracks, Abingdon. It tells me the date and exact time these documents were scanned and all have the Official Secrets Act schpeel all over the front pages. EG e illegal retention of any such documents may be an offence etc etc.

These documents cover everything from catering to binocular GP to vehicles and to weapons.

Firstly, What should I do as I had no idea that this was on my memory card? Will I get in trouble? Will my ex get in trouble?

My ex is currently still serving as a tiffy ssgt at Woolwich Barracks, London.

Please let me know what to do.
  2. Surrender the card to the police immediately. Fairly obvious, I would've thought.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. or contact your ex!
  4. The fair thing to do is contact your ex & let him know what you've found on the memory card. It sounds to me like nothing more than AESPs he's downloaded to save lumping hard copies around with him. The only thing I'd be concerned about is weapons but even then it depends on what level of info it is.
  5. Catering? Good God, it's not the KFC recipe is it?
  6. how to strip them down, rate of fire, mounting them onto a vehicle, in depth bits about rifles, pistols and machine guns inc quick change barrel including mounting and sights, calibration procedures etc.

Basically if I still had my landy, and I got hold of a machine gun (which I wouldnt know where to get so no I wouldnt do it!) I would be able to mount it etc.
  7. wish it was! love KFC!!
  8. Plenty of good knock off recipes on the net.
  9. Stop being a nosey bitch?
  10. Thank god it does not contain the formula for NAAFI tea.

11. The best thing to have done would have been to speak to the ex first before putting the details on a web site that is read by serving oficers who have the power to now make your ex's life very difficult.

It wont be hard for them to find him as you have identified his Corps and unit.

Acrimonious split up was it?
  12. So infantry training Pams then.

Technically they're restricted, but every bugger sems to have a copy on their shelf. Bit naughty leaving them on an SD card - not so much because the information would be of use to any adversary without access to google, but more because it would just cause some adverse media attention for MoD.

Now, I'd pay to see that...sounds like you're volunteering photos for the "girls with Guns" thread!
  13. Encrypted data, really ? How did you crack it then do tell.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. eralcd PM sent
  15. My ex refuses to speak to me. I have tried to speak to him about it. As for recommending the police, RMP's or bog standard coppers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.