Classic old school ghetto blaster

Any one know the name/spec of those big bass, ruggedized old school ghetto blasters. The ones that were big and looked like a mini law 94 tube :?:

My google chi has failed me

Damn, you changed the photo link thingy. That's the one I was thinking of.

looks a bit more techno but can't deny its heritage :D

whats its name and where do I get one

the picture's called JVC Kaboom, so I assume it's something like that?

LordVonHarley said:
Some thing like this?

got one of those myself, mines the original green version, looks like a rocket tube, they have a seperate volume control for the bass, its not often you have to turn it up past half way,

I can't fecking find any on the WWW, either they are mega popular or feck all were made and noone bought em

I'd prefer the first generation plastic green and black job

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Sonny - if you think that is old school, you'll hav no idea what this is:

Sorry fella, was directing my enquiries at the yoof, rather than proper old school

If electric boogaloo and break dancing on cardboard is your thing I think we are the same age :D

Half these fcukers have never seen a stereo you can't fit in your pocket

the one you want is the JVC rv b-90 (like mine) they dont seem to make them in 'rocket tube' green anymore i'm afraid. 'space ship' silver only.

Now that up front big speakered mother is a boom box from the Old Skool. Look into Pioneer and JVC , Sanyo, Sony were going for small in those days.

thegimp said:
Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Sonny - if you think that is old school, you'll hav no idea what this is:

Sorry fella, was directing my enquiries at the yoof, rather than proper old school

If electric boogaloo and break dancing on cardboard is your thing I think we are the same age :D

Half these fcukers have never seen a stereo you can't fit in your pocket
Feck me, where do i get myself one of those. I'd trade my ipod for one of them anyday. :D

DrStealth said:
LordVonHarley said:
Some thing like this?

got one of those myself, mines the original green version, looks like a rocket tube, they have a seperate volume control for the bass, its not often you have to turn it up past half way,
The above is not a ghetto blaster...It's a chav vessel

This is a ghetto blaster

Thanks to Mr_C_Hinecap

Check out the Spike Lee film "Do the right thing"

The Bloke in the film cuts about with a massive ghetto blaster listening to one song only.

Public Enemy's Fight the power.

See here

Dated, but a good film, and good show of original Ghetto blasters.

Cheers N_W.

I'm feeling really old now. This was the ultimate in portable music when I was a kid:

I actually had to settle for a Linguaphone record player which ran on 8 U2 batteries (they're called D-cell batteries now). It used to manage about 3/4 of an LP before the batteries started going flat.

..... Still got it somewhere....

northern_warrior said:
Linky is fooked Puttees.

Cheers N_W.

Cancel last..............am on beta-max PC.
No, it previewed OK, but didn't in the post, so I changed it.