classic Lee-Enfield lovers

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

ugly

LE
45-70 were done a few years ago by the US Gibbs mob, nice enough but must have kicked like a mule. I rather fancy one for pig shooting.

ugly

LE
Gibbs and these new ones were definetly aimed at the hunting market, something those expensive but very well made armalon ones were never intended for.
I couldnt justify a heavy rifle for competition work but for wild boar definetly!

Seen on a pub wall whilst drinking with ARRSErs
Its every Arrser's duty to go out, join HBSA or LERA, get an FAC - and buy a live Lee Enfield.

Come the Revolution, you're going to need a rifle anyway; best to get one now while stocks are still available....

ugly

LE
He's right you know, even I have one!

ugly

LE
I had 4 but I sold all my service rifles as Bisley and the clowns at the NRA take all the joy out of shooting. The muzzle energy fiasco was the last straw. I wont shoot there when I can shoot for free ten miles from my house!

ugly

LE
Lera are ok, not sure about the HBSA. I wont be at this months meeting, need to pack the trailer for the Gillingham and Shaftesbury show!

Its every Arrser's duty to go out, join HBSA or LERA, get an FAC - and buy a live Lee Enfield.

Come the Revolution, you're going to need a rifle anyway; best to get one now while stocks are still available....

I'm currently on my fifth - actually a Parker Hale sporter conversion - just re-barreled, threaded for a moderator and being smoothed-up for a dip in the blacking tank.

The big problem is, as always, finding decent quantities of reliable ammo. A while ago there was some pretty odd stuff about - barn sweepings that made the convoy trip to Russia in WWII. The odd failure to fire but quite entertaining as the terminal effects could be rather jolly, if you hadn't read the head-stamps - BVIIZ being quite a common find. A lot ended up in the collection; sorting and cataloging that lot comes under the heading of 'things to do on a cold winter's evening'

I have just the two: the first is an Armalon in 9mm, bought with a fat wad of pistol compensation money back in '96. It's fully capable of shooting ragged, one hole groups at 25m. I still enjoy the double take it gets from all the lever action shooters.

My other is a beautiful Fulton regulated No. 4 - bought from our own 4(T) of course! He really does have an amazing collection of goodies. I managed a 2nd place score with this first time out in a Veteran rifle competition, only for it to be disallowed after some sporting chap complained about the SRb Parker Hale rearsight. It now has the ordinary rearsight from the Armalon fitted. We'll see how it does next time!

I live in south lincolnshire and would love to be able to shoot Lee Enfields but I haven't got a clue where to start or where to go about finding some where to shoot I used to love target rifle shooting when I was in the Hitler Youth many many many years ago and now that there hardly any TA weekends any more i have some weekends free and wouldnt mind doing some shooting

I think it is - it looks very like an SMLE. More likely these guys are recovering an arms find. Isn't that an M4 butt under his right arm?

I have a little CMLM, just about the sexiest of the series, after the No4(T) of course!

They had an 9mm Armalon at the range at RMCS, was forever plagued with feeding problems but good fun when you managed a mag full.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Infantry 1
the_rigger The NAAFI Bar 57
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 2