Classic g-150 is back in production!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by trademarklondon, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I found out yesterday that SIRS Limited, in a joint venture with BCB International, have re-launched the G-150 that had been out of production for decades.

Supplies are currently limited, but I am informed that once the current export batches are completed the G-150 will, once again, be available for public purchase.

The new version, not yet publicly available, no longer bears the Stanley name, but now bears the SIRS Limited name, and production so far has been limited to MILS versions with NATO NSN accreditation. The version produced to satisfy the current orders is matt black in colour, but the traditional IRR green may be an option soon.

More details here
  2. God I remember the threats one recieved by the QM at never loosing one of those. If you lost one you'd be doing ROPs till the day you died.
  3. It's amazing, a mint, fully serviced original will set you back a LOT of £s more than the "current" version, even though they are the same compass - but the new ones don't have Stanley written on them.