Classic Daily Mail bollocks

They're journos, checking facts is not as important as selling newspapers.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Check out this pile of shit: When thriller writer Colin Dunne needed advice on how to murder his fictional characters, he called in the SAS | Mail Online

You'd think they'd attempt some kind of fact check before they publish a heap of crap like this not long after a real SAS legend - Fred Marafono - was being buried in Hereford.
I think there is a strong possibility that Colin Dunn Esq has met the Baron of Castleshortt in one of his many guises. It's the only explanation I can think of for the farmyard sized heap of bullshit in the article.

Wordsmith

I think there is a strong possibility that Colin Dunn Esq has met the Baron of Castleshortt in one of his many guises. It's the only explanation I can think of for the farmyard sized heap of bullshit in the article.

Wordsmith
You're discounting the possibility that he couldn't be arsed to leave his desk or pick the phone up, and just made it all up.

Just read the article, what a load of old bollocks. If that is the way he writes in his 'thrillers' I reckon I will give them a miss.

The 'story' is not written by a journalist, it's written by the same bloke named in the headline - it's a standard piece of pap about himself to plug bollocks books that he's somehow managed to slip into a 'news' part of the paper.

McNab and Ryan would be proud of him, the ****.

The 'story' is not written by a journalist, it's written by the same bloke named in the headline - it's a standard piece of pap about himself to plug bollocks books that he's somehow managed to slip into a 'news' part of the paper.

McNab and Ryan would be proud of him, the ****.
Any publicity is good publicity.

I read one of his books "Man Bites talking Dog" which did keep me amused on a long haul flight. All about his life as a journo in the Good Old Days, when fabricating complete bollocks for a looming deadline whilst completely shit faced and in bed with a gopping Z list celeb. was par for the course. Oh hang on.....

Well screw you lot, I'm writing to Colin to apply for the vacant position of 'hired bullshitter'.

I haven't got a thousand yard stare, but I'm creative and entirely without a moral compass.

He was in the guardhouse at Colchester for fighting when an SAS recruiting officer came to see him. ‘I hear you’re serious trouble,’ he said. ‘That’s just what we want.’
I don't understand why people think this isn't realistic?

I was first recruited into the 00-section of MI6 when I was found in the bushes outside a ladies' college, wanking - so the selection procedure seems pretty gen to me.

I don't understand why people think this isn't realistic?
Indeed; surely anyone who has seen 'The Dirty Dozen', 'The Badly Soiled Dozen-and-a-Half' and 'The Utterly Filthy Two Dozen' knows that special forces are recruited from among the dregs of society: murderers, rapists, thugs and deranged, drunken brawlers make ideal members of a highly disciplined force.