Classic Cars

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Quicksand, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

how many of you out there (in Germany NRW area) drive classic (historic)cars or sports cars, when I say sports cars, I don't mean any boy racer Corsa VXR's or stuff like that, I mean proper sports cars, Porsche, Aston, etc, with the classics, anything goes apart from VW Golf's Series 1.

If there are any of you out there drop me a line either here or per PM, and maybe we could get a meet up going.

CU

Quicksand

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

What's wrong with Golf Mk1's?

3. Everything, pluis its not a classic in my opinion.

MG's are.
    Triumphs are
    Alfa's are
    Lancia's are
    AC's are
    Invicta's are
    Alvis's are
    Mercs till mid 70's are

VW Golf MK1s aren't.

4. Whats right with them.

5. Bouillabaisse

So a 1998 Alfa coupe is but a 1982 Mk1 GTi isn't? Who died and made you god?

6. I said Classic Cars, thats any VSOC built up untill 1978.

Nobody made me god, but ask any classic car buff what he thinks of a Golf MK1 (excluding an an absolute and unmolested MK1 GTI) and he will tell you its not a classic, and no a 98 Alfa coupe is not a classic.

7. Bouillabaisse

1978? Bloody modern rubbish. Clasics are pre '69. Cars made in 1978 are just 2nd hand.

and the firt Golf came off the production line in '74, accordning to the great god Wiki.

8. Point taken, driving a very rare (one of a couple of hundred left worldwide) Touring Spiders I'll give the 1969 limit to a certain point, but there were some cracking 70's cars including Masserati's and Fezza's and Jags, eg Broadspeed and Lister, plus loads of others just too numerous to list.

9. This is my car, come on lads, lets get a meet up and going.

Attached Files:

10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Very nice Alfa.

I have had in the past a 1967 fiat 500 and a 1976 Lancia Montecarlo. Not got any toys at present but am always on the look out for something fun, preferably Italian.

11. That's a gorgeous piece of kit you have there, Quicksand.

MsG

12. Cheers lads,

the Talbots (Mirrors) have now come off, they were disturbing the lines of the car, and it now has a brand new leather interior, the original had to go after 45 years as I was sitting on the cover and seat straps with no padding in between.

13. were is everybody ?

14. how do get to put a small quote under my comments ?

For eg. just like Ravers

15. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Click on 'Private Messages' on the top right of the screen.

Click on 'Profile Information' in the right hand menu.

Change your signature at the bottom.

:D