Classic Cars

Hi,

how many of you out there (in Germany NRW area) drive classic (historic)cars or sports cars, when I say sports cars, I don't mean any boy racer Corsa VXR's or stuff like that, I mean proper sports cars, Porsche, Aston, etc, with the classics, anything goes apart from VW Golf's Series 1.

If there are any of you out there drop me a line either here or per PM, and maybe we could get a meet up going.

CU

Quicksand

Everything, pluis its not a classic in my opinion.

MG's are.
Triumphs are
Alfa's are
Lancia's are
AC's are
Invicta's are
Alvis's are
Mercs till mid 70's are

VW Golf MK1s aren't.

I said Classic Cars, thats any VSOC built up untill 1978.

Nobody made me god, but ask any classic car buff what he thinks of a Golf MK1 (excluding an an absolute and unmolested MK1 GTI) and he will tell you its not a classic, and no a 98 Alfa coupe is not a classic.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
1978? Bloody modern rubbish. Clasics are pre '69. Cars made in 1978 are just 2nd hand.

and the firt Golf came off the production line in '74, accordning to the great god Wiki.

Bouillabaisse said:
1978? Bloody modern rubbish. Clasics are pre '69. Cars made in 1978 are just 2nd hand.

and the firt Golf came off the production line in '74, accordning to the great god Wiki.
Point taken, driving a very rare (one of a couple of hundred left worldwide) Touring Spiders I'll give the 1969 limit to a certain point, but there were some cracking 70's cars including Masserati's and Fezza's and Jags, eg Broadspeed and Lister, plus loads of others just too numerous to list.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Very nice Alfa.

I have had in the past a 1967 fiat 500 and a 1976 Lancia Montecarlo. Not got any toys at present but am always on the look out for something fun, preferably Italian.

That's a gorgeous piece of kit you have there, Quicksand.

MsG

Cheers lads,

the Talbots (Mirrors) have now come off, they were disturbing the lines of the car, and it now has a brand new leather interior, the original had to go after 45 years as I was sitting on the cover and seat straps with no padding in between.

how do get to put a small quote under my comments ?

For eg. just like Ravers

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Quicksand said:
how do get to put a small quote under my comments ?

For eg. just like Ravers
Click on 'Private Messages' on the top right of the screen.

Click on 'Profile Information' in the right hand menu.

Change your signature at the bottom.

:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 3
B_AND_T Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 14
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 2