Classic American Cars

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by B_AND_T, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Thinking of buying one, has anyone gone through the experience of importing one into Germany?

Ta

B&T

2. Nope, but according to what I have heard its not too hard, but you have to be careful, the best thing is to go over to the states and do everything yourself.

Or find a respectable company to help you. I live in krefeld and there is an American Classics suupplier just down the road from me, and he does have some mighty fine metal.

3. You might want to think of putting in a little tour of the Septic barracks in Germany. Some of the fellas have absolutely marvellous jam-jars that they could possibly be persuaded to part with. Jam-jars, I might add, that have already had any conversions done to make them eligible for German road use.

MsG

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No such thing as a classic american car.
    If you insist on wasting your money on american rubbish, there are plenty of dealers down south in areas where septics are/were based who can save you the trouble of jerry paperwork.

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'No such thing as a classic american car'...

yeah, because Mustangs and Challengers are a bit pants arent they?? I'd hate to have to drive one. ;)

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They are complete shiite - compare what else you can get for the money and running costs. I even had a Mustang mk1 Grande for a brief spell before regaining my senses :oops:

Unless of course you enjoy cr@p handling, poor build quality, tacky interiors, high running costs....etc, etc, etc

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

would Steve McQueen looked as cool driving a Fiesta? would Kowalski in Vanishing Point been as iconic if he drove a Metro? would they f***. ;)

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Well I married her didn't I.

Thanks for that though, I'll have to get myself down south.

9. What are you prattling on about, mush? Nobody buys a classic car (whether it's Septic or not) with their eye on economy, build quality, handling, tackiness etc. Get fückin' real, buddy.

MsG

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Would have looked better in Porsche Spider or E type though would'nt he :D

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

As usual, you prove you know nothing.

Trabants are more your thing anyway you communist retard. Go dribble somewhere else....

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

If you know what you are after get a copy of Stars and Stripes (US military newspaper) - lots of adverts both private and dealers in there - plus importers.

13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Cheers.

14. Wow! What a classy response! Have you ever thought of going for a career in the Diplomatic Corps? :D :D :D

MsG

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No, the money is cr@p.

Anything useful to contribute? No? Thought not......