Class one Full Screws

Can anyone shine light on the rumour that is floating around that class one full screws (the cream of the corps) are being denied retrades or transfers to other corps, not that anybody would want to ever ever ever leave the beloved corps, just wanted to know if anybody had heard this ARRSE rumour. and by the way did anybody notice the distinct lack of full screw to sgt promotions this year or was it just me throwin my dummy in the corner.
remember ...your a long time dead..

I didn't notice a distinct lack of promotions, so the dummy/corner option is looking good.

As far as I know, you only don't get allowed to retrade or transfer if they really need you in place (ie the trade you are in is well under par). I might be wrong, but this deferment can't be indefinite. They are trying to retain you in the Forces/Army/Capbadge so if they prevent you completely, you may just walk.

Whether or not the other corps'/trade takes you or not is a different matter.

Edit to add.

If you have a mooch in the serving soldier bit on the army website maybe on armynet you will find more info if you interested in changing jobs. Failing that have a chat with your local RCMO/CoC.

Here is a ray of hope for all you people who cant get promoted, there is going to be a shadow board due to the glorious MCM not putting enough numbers on thier great promotions dartboard.

easy-wan-kenobi said:
surely all the tech full screws will be allowed to retrade, thought there was too many of them?
Do techs get promoted off a board at MCM then?

shell_scrape said:
easy-wan-kenobi said:
surely all the tech full screws will be allowed to retrade, thought there was too many of them?
Do techs get promoted off a board at MCM then?
Yes, the board results came out last week (week before?) for Techs, the week after the other trades (ours wasn't ready in time apparently).

They are trying to get rid of a number of Tech Full Screw/Lance Jacks because they are so overmanned at Class 2 - hence compulsory retrades for repeated failure/failure to take Class One entrance (and rumour of brown lettering).

Where have you been Shell_scrape this has been in for years.

JBM, the board wasn't late, it always sits seperately.

Oh is this the board sponsored by cornflakes, that dosn't sit with the rest of us.

Cant see why i would want to admit to being homosexual and retrade to tech?

That isn't a requirement for tech, unlike being a latent homosexual for other trades.

chocolate_frog said:
That isn't a requirement for tech, unlike being a latent homosexual for other trades.
I think you will find it is pal, I went to be a tech once but apparantly my sphinxter wasnt wide enough and i still had the ability to use common sense, so was made an operator instead

DirtyAndy said:
chocolate_frog said:
I think you will find it is pal, I went to be a tech once but apparantly my sphinxter wasnt wide enough and i still had the ability to use common sense, so was made an operator instead
Twenty months to come up with that?

jimmys_best_mate said:
DirtyAndy said:
chocolate_frog said:
They had to put his beret out several times, it kept catching fire!!!! :twisted:

jimmys_best_mate said:
DirtyAndy said:
chocolate_frog said:
At least he managed to beat Coldplay and Travis in their rush to release new albums eh?

DirtyAndy said:
chocolate_frog said:
:D
So you failed and are now bitter?
Shocked!

I expect that it was your mental ability rather than spninkter that did not measure up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr The Intelligence Cell 4
the_rigger The NAAFI Bar 57
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 2