Class III infantryman?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me in laymans terms what a class III infantry man is?

I assume there are classes I & II. What do you have to do to go up a band, is it rank based or are there courses you have to pass?

This is a geunie question, if you haven`t got a constructive answer then please don`t waste mine or your time, writing abuse!!

modwatchdog said:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me in laymans terms what a class III infantry man is?

I assume there are classes I & II. What do you have to do to go up a band, is it rank based or are there courses you have to pass?

This is a geunie question, if you haven`t got a constructive answer then please don`t waste mine or your time, writing abuse!!
Any soldier after Phase 1 training.

From memory, a class III was just out of basic, then went to class II after usually about 6 months in Bn, then became class I about another 6 months down the line from that, providing he had decent reports from his Plt Sgt and Plt Cmmd.

But that was a long time ago, it may well be very different nowadays.

Gren said:
From memory, a class III was just out of basic, then went to class II after usually about 6 months in Bn, then became class I about another 6 months down the line from that, providing he had decent reports from his Plt Sgt and Plt Cmmd.

But that was a long time ago, it may well be very different nowadays.
I thought it was 18 months for class 1.

In some Bn you will also have to pass a grade 1 carder. At one time a grade one was someone, now it is time served.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Army Reserve 4
C RLC 16
msr The Intelligence Cell 4