class 2 mil clerk

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Hantslad, Apr 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If an AGC (SPS) soldier is a class 2 Mil Clerk, does that make him/her qualified for full Cpl?

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Various drivel deleted.

3. I dint want to get into a slanging match about the corps, just want to know if from a regulations point of view, class 2 qualifies for full Cpl?

4. Hoi! what happened to my drivel?

5. From the regulations aspect you must be at least class 3 to attain LCpl, class 2 for Cpl and class 1 for Sgt. Different rules apply for TA though.

6. What rules apply to the TA?

7. TA AGC(SPS) still have two streams - All Arms Clerk and Pers/Fin Clerk.

My experience is that you still have to be Class 2 in either one to get Corporal and Class 1 in either one to get Sergeant.

CVHQ also issued guidelines several years ago on the length of service required before promotion.

CVHQ also used to run promotion cadres for Sergeant, but my understanding is that the military instructors were withdrawn some time ago, when CVHQ shrank a little.

8. Thanks!

9. Wrong - the TA can be 1 class down in each case for promotion i.e Class 2 for SGT!

10. Do you know the auth for this? As a TA unit we were told by Glasgow that they needed to be class 1 before they could be Sgt. If I know this is not the case then I can push.

Cheers

11. no mate, it takes more than being class 2 to be fit to wear 2 tapes.

12. Sure, just quote as your authority paywogarrsepost dated Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:54 pm. Should work

13. The requirements for promotion for SPS and Pro Branches are laid down by DSPS(A) and PM(A) respectively. These rules are contained in the SPS Soldier Career Management Guide, Section 3 and PM(A) Instructions Chapter 2. The rules detail the career qualifications, military educational requirements, medical standards and service required for promotion to each rank

14. Sorry I was, stupidly, quoting TA Regs ( recently reissued) should obviously be aware that DSPS(A) has other ideas!!!