clash fan lifted for singing london calling

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#2
rabid_hamster said:
sorry if this is posted earlier - looked but didnt see it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4879918.stm

winker of a taxi driver or what?



edited cause I fell foul of the no sweary words rule
Aye, but how much of a cnut would you be calling him if the guy had sparked off? Easy to sit here in judgement.
 
#3
I remember the Tommy Gun incident when that happened. I must never text or play Stiff Little Fingers in public or I'll be carted straight to jail!! Bollix to that, best band in the world.
 
#4
Aye, but how much of a cnut would you be calling him if the guy had sparked off?


FOR SINGING A CLASH SONG?
jeez if thats suspicious behaviour I had better be careful on monday when I fly down to birmingham!
 
#5
I am sorry - but no matter which way you look at that it is completely ridiculous..... absolutely unbelievable. What are we coming to...? :roll:
 
#6
Now I could understand the taxi driver calling the Police had it been Des O'Connor :)
 
#8
rabid_hamster said:
sorry if this is posted earlier - looked but didnt see it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4879918.stm

winker of a taxi driver or what?



edited cause I fell foul of the no sweary words rule
I started this about the story earlier today but wasn't very clear about what it was about (perhaps I should have calmed down a bit before posting it) :oops:

here
 
#9
How long till the crab movers cotton on to that little stunt?

Better ditch R.E.M.'s It's The End of The World As We Know It off the Regimental iPod methinks. :roll:
 
#11
So is it against the incitement laws to ask for The Jams Down in the Tube Station at Midnight with the line 'they smelt of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs and too many rightwing meetings...'? Would I be offending the rightwingers? or the Convict class? or Drinkers? Or.... maybe I'll stick to Petula Clark...

Beebs

Edited to add, it could be a reformed alcoholic rightwing ex con taxi driver! :?
 
#12
Petula clark you think thats inoffensive? Never seen flight of the intruder then :) .As if a muslim terrorist would want to listen to a group that sang "drop your bombs between the minerts" :lol:
 
#13
I'd be arrested every single time I went out if musical taste was an indication of political bias or propensity toward random acts of violence

"Singing 'we shall over-come'?...
We dont want your peace , you hippy scum
Give peace a kick in the face........"

Being just one in a million of my favourite lyrics. Spout that one in a drunken spell of on train can stacking and god only knows what will happen if this latest act of nanny-state insanity is anything to go by.............................
 
#14
what about if you were still listening to the clash but the song was "white riot" or stiff little fingers with "inflammable material" :?: :?:

i'll take myself off to "the scrubs" now shall i :? :? :? :?
 
#15
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
what about if you were still listening to the clash but the song was "white riot" or stiff little fingers with "inflammable material" :?: :?:

i'll take myself off to "the scrubs" now shall i :? :? :? :?
Inflammable Material...got to be one of the best debut albums by anyone.....ever.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#16
BaggyInBlack said:
I remember the Tommy Gun incident when that happened. I must never text or play Stiff Little Fingers in public or I'll be carted straight to jail!! Bollix to that, best band in the world.
Got to agree with you there-and some bands just have to be played LOUD
 
#17
blessed baby cakes said:
.... maybe I'll stick to Petula Clark...
Needing a high linear velocity explosion? You should always get...
C-4.

To cut through pilings or just an armored steel hatchway you have got to use....
C-4.

It's safe from shocks, and sparks, and, spills and even open flames.
It's the most versatile explosive any one can name....

You can't go wrong.

It makes Semtex and gelignite look tame.
Demolish your target.
Stay ahead of your game
And get C-4

You won't be sorry you picked
C-4


Etc., etc.
 
#18
Better leave out 'Onward Christian Soldiers' next time i'm on my way to Basra then!
 
#19
What happens if you sing old army songs from Nat.Service days,most of those are anti-army-officers-government etc,do you get done for sedition,inciting a riot or do they just bang you up on an anti-terror law?

Something it seems,is going wrong in dear old Blighty. 8O
 
#20
BaggyInBlack said:
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
what about if you were still listening to the clash but the song was "white riot" or stiff little fingers with "inflammable material" :?: :?:

i'll take myself off to "the scrubs" now shall i :? :? :? :?
Inflammable Material...got to be one of the best debut albums by anyone.....ever.
As I recall SLF/Jake Burns got threatened with prosecution for the song 'White Noise'. I think the Asian gentleman who raised the complaint didn't actually get the point of the record or indeed that Burns was sympathising/empathysing with Blacks and Asians, only that he dared use the word 'wog'.
 

Similar threads