Clarkson: The Greatest Raid of All Sunday 8pm BBC2

Couldn't decide if this was best placed in Films and Literature or Military History, I figured here was a good compromise.

Anyway, Jeremy Clarkson is doing a documentary on Operation: Chariot, the St. Nazaire Raid and I caught some highlights of it just now.

Looks like it'll be good viewing.

Understandable, but a great pity cdo_gunner gives away the real 'hit' in the very last few seconds of the programme.

If you read this cdo_gunner, any chance you could edit your post?

Anything by Clarkson tends to be worth reading/watching. The man's a breath of non-PC fresh air.

(Now, where did I put my birch? Ah! So you have it, Jeremy.)

Clarkson....mmmmmmmmmm, as far as I can see he is a fookin knob, sorry if you don't agree but hey he is a sh1t driver and he kidnapped a top porgramme, ie top gear and turned it into the CLARKSON show, in a sh1t hangar on some crappy airfield and hey test cars on ooooh an airfield. tosser and oh yeah the main thingI dislike about him is he hates bikers, knob... :meditate:

yamkwak writes : "and oh yeah the main thingI dislike about him is he hates bikers, knob... "

Ah, I think we've just got to the heart of your objections to Clarkson. "Four wheels good, two wheels bad!"

At least the man has a point of view, whether you agree with it or not. Most journos just sit on the fence and babble weasel words. Personally, I like him . . .

caubeen said:
yamkwak writes : "and oh yeah the main thingI dislike about him is he hates bikers, knob... "

Ah, I think we've just got to the heart of your objections to Clarkson. "Four wheels good, two wheels bad!"

At least the man has a point of view, whether you agree with it or not. Most journos just sit on the fence and babble weasel words. Personally, I like him . . .
Nah sorry mate you got me wrong I like a fast car as much as the next man, but I also happen to ride bikes, my point is just cause he gets to drive a few fast cars he thinks he knows it all, the man is a gobsh1te end off!!!!!!!!!

yamkwak said:
caubeen said:

Nah sorry mate you got me wrong I like a fast car as much as the next man, but I also happen to ride bikes, my point is just cause he gets to drive a few fast cars he thinks he knows it all, the man is a gobsh1te end off!!!!!!!!!
He is a gobshite but an entertaining one.

mistersoft said:
yamkwak said:
caubeen said:

He is a gobshite but an entertaining one.
He's that - and quite a clever man, in fact, although he hides a lot of it behind the buffoonery.

It'll be interesting to see what he makes of Sunday's opportunity.

DPM_Sheep said:
Couldn't decide if this was best placed in Films and Literature or Military History, I figured here was a good compromise.

Anyway, Jeremy Clarkson is doing a documentary on Operation: Chariot, the St. Nazaire Raid and I caught some highlights of it just now.

Looks like it'll be good viewing.
Its bloody great viewing.

It's incredible the bravery of these men. RIP

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
"and I thought, I'll have to escape at some point. I don't feel up to it at the moment"

After being shot by a sniper!!

Pure courage.

Like him or loathe him, at least Clarkson appears to be genuinely interested in the story he's telling. Good show so far. Struck with how matter of fact a lot of these old fellas are about their exploits. Humbling