Clarkson: The Greatest Raid of All Sunday 8pm BBC2

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DPM_Sheep, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't decide if this was best placed in Films and Literature or Military History, I figured here was a good compromise.

Anyway, Jeremy Clarkson is doing a documentary on Operation: Chariot, the St. Nazaire Raid and I caught some highlights of it just now.

Looks like it'll be good viewing.
  2. Got a link please ??
  3. Couldn't find much, I'm afraid, beyond TV listings. Though the program does get covered on this historian's Blogspot. Seems he provided a lot of the research for the Doc.

4. Anything by Clarkson is worth watching. The prog on his VC winning father in law was excellent.
  5. Understandable, but a great pity cdo_gunner gives away the real 'hit' in the very last few seconds of the programme.

If you read this cdo_gunner, any chance you could edit your post?
  6. Anything by Clarkson tends to be worth reading/watching. The man's a breath of non-PC fresh air.

(Now, where did I put my birch? Ah! So you have it, Jeremy.)
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Put in planner
  8. Good to see he's doing sumfing good for the Forces as he's a sick joke on motors.
    An immature child who never grew up.
  9. Clarkson....mmmmmmmmmm, as far as I can see he is a fookin knob, sorry if you don't agree but hey he is a sh1t driver and he kidnapped a top porgramme, ie top gear and turned it into the CLARKSON show, in a sh1t hangar on some crappy airfield and hey test cars on ooooh an airfield. tosser and oh yeah the main thingI dislike about him is he hates bikers, knob... :meditate:
  10. yamkwak writes : "and oh yeah the main thingI dislike about him is he hates bikers, knob... "

Ah, I think we've just got to the heart of your objections to Clarkson. "Four wheels good, two wheels bad!"

At least the man has a point of view, whether you agree with it or not. Most journos just sit on the fence and babble weasel words. Personally, I like him . . .
  11. Nah sorry mate you got me wrong I like a fast car as much as the next man, but I also happen to ride bikes, my point is just cause he gets to drive a few fast cars he thinks he knows it all, the man is a gobsh1te end off!!!!!!!!!
  12. We've got slightly off the subject and are now debating Clarkson.

The programme is worth watching whether you like or loathe Clarkson.
  13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Same as any other bloke then?
  14. He is a gobshite but an entertaining one.