Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Clarkson Suspended by the BBC

It's almost as if the BBC don't watch their own programmes.
They probably don't.
TG must have really upset them - on one hand it was sexist, misogynist, polluting and noisy, setting a terrible example to the yoof. On the other hand, it was their biggest money spinner.
They should have let it lie fallow for a few years after the JC sacking. Rushing it back with the ginger twat and that Eddie Jordan cnut was the biggest mistake they made.

They probably don't.
TG must have really upset them - on one hand it was sexist, misogynist, polluting and noisy, setting a terrible example to the yoof. On the other hand, it was their biggest money spinner.
They should have let it lie fallow for a few years after the JC sacking. Rushing it back with the ginger twat and that Eddie Jordan cnut was the biggest mistake they made.

Completely agree. It might have been a better idea, when started up again, to use 3 complete unknowns, build up a new fan base.

Provided they know about cars, and aren’t as dull as dishwater!

They probably don't.

In world of programming where everything is PC a bit of light relief from it is certainly going to sell. The problem is making it amusing, not actually offensive, condescending or gimmicky by some hippie star! I would question if the BBC is capable of producing, or more accurately contracting a production company, to produce such content any more.
In the above vein, look at the BBC's aims. I can see couple of aims where large portions of the population are being disenfranchised. Top Gear was about the last bastion where we could go.

It's possibly like the BBC have been focusing on certain sections of those aims, the ones with buzzwords like
"[..]to raise awareness of different cultures, contribute to social cohesion and invest in the development of each nation’s creative economy. " and forgetting the first part, and that's just snowballed.

Listy's post #4881 contained:
"In the above vein, look at the BBC's aims. I can see couple of aims where large portions of the population are being disenfranchised. Top Gear was about the last bastion where we could go."
The disenfranchised mentioned here are basically men who BTW must pay the majority of the licence fee (and council tax if you think about it) - we get a sh*t deal financially and just put up with it.

Flintoff and McGuinness as presenters , Clearly the BBC want to kill it off by putting McGuinness on it.
Are they renaming it Northern Gear ?
Apart from the obvious of no car backgrounds at all, I think the very strong regional accents will not appeal to a wider audience .