Clarkson Suspended by the BBC

Don't know about that, but I know he made a lot of private visits to blokes in hospital in Birmingham. Good egg for that.
He helped pay for the refurbishment of the old nurse’s accommodation in Selly oak. My sister and BIL stayed there while my nephew was recovering. Some grumpy Jock git called Ramsay cooked Christmas dinner for them.

He helped pay for the refurbishment of the old nurse’s accommodation in Selly oak. My sister and BIL stayed there while my nephew was recovering. Some grumpy Jock git called Ramsay cooked Christmas dinner for them.

How old was the nurse and did she still 'go'?

Really? I thought it was early 2000s. Google reckons 2004 - Clarkson and Morgan in tabloid tussle

"There is some disagreement about what happened next. Clarkson - weighing in at what he admits are "heavyweight" proportions - claims Morgan slighted his wife in fairly base terms. The Mirror editor, meanwhile, says the two had an animated discussion about the paper's stories focusing on Clarkson's private life. "
Phone hacking

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
How old was the nurse and did she still 'go'?
They all go regardless of age.
And they're all utter filth.

I'm pleased to relate.

NSP

LE
They all go regardless of age.
And they're all utter filth.

I'm pleased to relate.
Nurses are filthy. Just ask Jarrod.

Not exactly Clarkson, but related...

Our Man in Japan is now on Prime.

Worth a watch but be warned, if you don't like James May's style of presenting, then you will detest it!

Last edited:

Worth a watch but be warned, if you don't like James may's style of presenting, then you will detest it!
Watched it over the last 3 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bits felt almost Keith Floyd-esque with James abusing the cameraman / director in good natured fashion. His refusal to go into the maid cafe as it's 'dirty' made me laugh.

Not quite up to the (not sure of the word) watchability? of his Re-Assembler programmes on the BBC which were excellent.

philc

LE

Worth a watch but be warned, if you don't like James may's style of presenting, then you will detest it!
I wonder how they choose his Japanese translators the two I have seen are quite saucy, but nice, enjoying it, even learning a bit of Japanese.

NSP

LE
Last edited:

syrup

LE
Like this will make any difference if Boris is determined to scrap the tax:-

Clarkson must - quite literally - laughing all the way to the bank.

You get the impression that you're watching a repeat with different people in the cars.
They don't seem to bring anything new to the show.

It seems to me that the BBC are trying to attract the northern demographic population probably having not been too successful with trying to continue it’s success under the previous trio.

I watch it occasionally now mainly on BBC iPlayer and it’s still an enjoyable program albeit not quite up there where it used to be.

One of the things that does stand out to me is that it’s definitely three blokes from the north of the country now running the thing.

Personally, I enjoy that, one because it is different and secondly, from a personal perspective, I had a lot of northern mates in the army whom I have long lost touch with and listening to these lads chattering often brings back memories of some of the really great times I had with those lads back in the day.

That’s me though and of course, 99.99.99% of the rest of the southern part of the country don’t have that kind of affiliation with our northern brethren. I do wonder whether that might detract from the program being as popular as it might be south of Watford.

Of course, the BBC may well have decided to deliberately target the north in this way. There are several millions of red blooded blokes north of Watford who will be well up for something like this and they will welcome the plethora of northern accents while they are lapping up the action.

Even so though, one southern voice might have been nice out of the three. It would certainly have created a little bit more opportunity for division between the three in the taking the pee out of each other takes!

The new one strikes me as three blokes trying much to hard to be funny.
The chemistry just isn't there. You are right, they are trying too hard and they just aren't funny. I've half watched a couple of episodes.

I bought Prime to stay with the original guys...much better. Hardly watch BBC now.

Awol

LE
The chemistry just isn't there. You are right, they are trying too hard and they just aren't funny. I've half watched a couple of episodes.

I bought Prime to stay with the original guys...much better. Hardly watch BBC now.
They're also handicapped in that they are struggling to find things to do that haven't already been done by the original trio. Seeing them drive old cars up yet another dusty mountain road just isn't innovative enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Rattler The NAAFI Bar 36
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 420
D The NAAFI Bar 38

Latest Threads