Clarkson Suspended by the BBC

Was thrown together in a big hurry.
Filmed locally.
The Stig manages the local tyre fitters. Allegedly.
Was there ever one that wasn't?

"Oh look, Tom Daly's winning things, let's make slebs do belly-flops"

"Oh crap. They've got slebs doing belly-flops, let's make slebs do ski jumping"

"Oh hell. We don't have a job for Stig any more, someone come with an idea that isn't anything to do with TG QUICKLY so we can maybe sell more merchandise"

A shaved, chain-smoking, orangutan could have told them all how much they were fecking things up, and makes me glad that we don't get most UK TV channels here and that Kodi exists for the few things I would want to watch

[QUOTE="hellsbrink, post

A shaved, chain-smoking, orangutan could have told them all how much they were fecking things up, and makes me glad that we don't get most UK TV channels here and that Kodi exists for the few things I would want to watch[/QUOTE]

Described yourself there Steve?

Actually, the Beeb shouldn't have sacked Clarkson.
End of.
(Prepares for incoming)
:rolleyes:
I really don't think it would have lasted more than another series or two before they were off to the likes of Amazon anyway. Auntie was trying for more control over content and they knew they could make lots more dosh elsewhere - and have more fun as well.

If TG had never existed, the new show (minus Evans) would, IMHO, be worth watching and is as entertaining as any other weekend show on at the moment. It just suffers by comparison. Towards the end of the last series it became significantly better. I'll hold judgement on the next one - it could be quite good - but if they start chopping and changing presenters, it should be allowed to die naturally.

I really don't think it would have lasted more than another series or two before they were off to the likes of Amazon anyway. Auntie was trying for more control over content and they knew they could make lots more dosh elsewhere - and have more fun as well.

If TG had never existed, the new show (minus Evans) would, IMHO, be worth watching and is as entertaining as any other weekend show on at the moment. It just suffers by comparison. Towards the end of the last series it became significantly better. I'll hold judgement on the next one - it could be quite good - but if they start chopping and changing presenters, it should be allowed to die naturally.
Yes, I take your point.
However, it was, for me, Sunday evening.
It rounded off the weekend with amusing, un PC blokieness.
I miss it.
Just saying, like..
;)

If the Clarkson TG never existed, nobody would have made the "new" version, there would be nothing like it on telly at all.

The scripting just isn't the same, and neither are the "characters".

One can drive but puts on too much of a shouty act

One's an actor who is so wooden he could be replaced by a lump of oak

And the other one's a "cheery chappie" who seemed to be the only one actually "being himself" and enjoying it, going by the little I watched.
I've said it before - Rory Reid is the best thing about new Top Gear. Joey from Friends might grow into it, if he relaxes.

The shouty bloke needs to be let go.

This is what Harris was doing on his own with a cameraman and drone before selling his soul to Top Gear sorry the all consuming spawn of Satan that is the BBC
35:00 onwards . . . FAN - TAST - ICK !! :) .

I've said it before - Rory Reid is the best thing about new Top Gear. Joey from Friends might grow into it, if he relaxes.

The shouty bloke needs to be let go.
The shouty bloke? He’s the one real motoring journalist!

It's almost as if the BBC don't watch their own programmes.
They probably don't.
TG must have really upset them - on one hand it was sexist, misogynist, polluting and noisy, setting a terrible example to the yoof. On the other hand, it was their biggest money spinner.
They should have let it lie fallow for a few years after the JC sacking. Rushing it back with the ginger twat and that Eddie Jordan cnut was the biggest mistake they made.

They probably don't.
TG must have really upset them - on one hand it was sexist, misogynist, polluting and noisy, setting a terrible example to the yoof. On the other hand, it was their biggest money spinner.
They should have let it lie fallow for a few years after the JC sacking. Rushing it back with the ginger twat and that Eddie Jordan cnut was the biggest mistake they made.
Completely agree. It might have been a better idea, when started up again, to use 3 complete unknowns, build up a new fan base.

Provided they know about cars, and aren’t as dull as dishwater!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Rattler The NAAFI Bar 36
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 420
D The NAAFI Bar 38