Clarkson in the poop again...........

What's new? People really need to stop taking everything so seriously and get a god damn life. There is a beautiful word in the english language called "ignore." Real racism and discrimination deserves merit, Clarkson is just a (pretend) juvenile idiot who is playing to his audience.

He's a Marmite bloke, I'm probably in a minority of one, but I really like him and find him funny, I hate the viewers who have a outrageometer permanently switched on a hell of a lot more - as previously said if you dont like it dont watch it........

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
My Missus used to herrumph when Top Gear came on, back when that vampire who went to 5th Gear used to present it. More lately, since those three tarts took over (about 4 or 5 years?) she likes to watch it. It's long since turned into a formulaic Womens' TV Programme, with Clarkson and Hammond hanging it out round the circuit in Hundred Grand cars (she doesn't realise it took 45 takes to get the shot, like), and May representing the fanny element. And yeah Clarkson (whose books I don't mind TBH) does his high-profile bit for 'our lads'; so did Saville. Utter wank.

There was one of those doing-up-an-old-motor shows on last night, they were (secretly) restoring a Zephyr Zodiac for some old Teddy Boy who'd had it for decades but couldn't drive it 'cos he was so knackered. They fitted servos for the brakes and clutch (he'd no ankle strength) and made a good job of it. (My) Missus nowhere to be seen. Niiice.

He's a Marmite bloke, I'm probably in a minority of one, but I really like him and find him funny, I hate the viewers who have a outrageometer permanently switched on a hell of a lot more - as previously said if you dont like it dont watch it........
Agreed, some viewers are a feckle bunch who spinelessly moan like a bitch rather than do the common sense thing and turn over or off.

Clarkson will always attract the offending classes due to his personality and occasional one of the boys antics. Still brings in the viewers irrespective whether some of the audience are offended.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

NSP

LE
There's is a large sector of society determined to be offended about anything, all of the time - and often on behalf of other groups who really couldn't give a fart in a thunderstorm.

What Reginald D. Hunter refers to in his routines as "white people in Kent," for example.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
if the BBC ever dare to sack him can you imagine the bidding war for the show from other channels?

Top Gear was a dead duck, It was Clarkson and Wilman who revived it, rejigged it and, ultimately made a fortune from selling their share back to the BBC.
To my mind the show has been on a downward curve for a couple of years so was probably a bit of a waste of cash- this will only be exacerbated if they chop the golden goose.
You can bet that someone at the BBC is itching to make the presenters, and the format, tick more of those diversity boxes.

Top Gear was a dead duck, It was Clarkson and Wilman who revived it, rejigged it and, ultimately made a fortune from selling their share back to the BBC.
To my mind the show has been on a downward curve for a couple of years so was probably a bit of a waste of cash- this will only be exacerbated if they chop the golden goose.
You can bet that someone at the BBC is itching to make the presenters, and the format, tick more of those diversity boxes.
Warsi's free!

if the BBC ever dare to sack him can you imagine the bidding war for the show from other channels?

Not if he's seen as a loose cannon with a penchant for making oblique racist comments.

Clarkson's a grown up and he knows the score. There are some things that are not acceptable to the public. I like the kind of blokey bloke persona he puts across and never ending repeats apart, I enjoy Top Gear.

Clarkson has enjoyed huge success through Top Gear without any of the really controversial nonsense. He can still entertain without the sillyness. I look forward to him, Hammond and May continuing to do so.

It's indicative of the serious concern that some BBC executives are expressing when it's mentioned in a newspaper report. Those executives are not renowned for their understanding of any of their stars behaving in a manner that would attract the kind of criticism that's being laid at Clarkson's feet.

A racist label wouldn't see competitors queuing up to employ him.

I swear like trooper most of the time, when I'm talking to old ladies and vicars I don't, its not hard is it to refrain from words that guardian readers will only complain about.

What's his problem ?

Muslim women drive a reasonably priced car feature might be a start, oh no wait a....

AAGF

RIP
RIP
I swear like trooper most of the time, when I'm talking to old ladies and vicars I don't, its not hard is it to refrain from words that guardian readers will only complain about.

What's his problem ?

Muslim women drive a reasonably priced car feature might be a start, oh no wait a....

You mean a bint with a tint in a tent with a mini? ...

Last edited:
While Clarkson makes money, the BBC struggles to get public understanding and the Grauniad continually loses money and throws its staff out of work.

There is a God.

And his initials are JC

PFGEN

GCM
They'll reach a point where Clarkson and the entire crew think feck this and take the whole lot to a different channel. End of the BBC's money maker thanks to a bunch of left wing, alternative, lentil munching, all inclusive, pc, multicultural twunts and it would serve them bloody right.

I can't stand Top Gear or Clarkson, but in a world full of terrorists, warlords, child molesters, rapists, burglars and Piers Morgan, I find it difficult to achieve any level of outrage over an accusation that some overgrown public schoolboy may or may not have said something that some people might find offensive.

Latest Threads