Clarkson censored by Mandelson

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Contrarian, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Old Holborn reports that Jeremy Clarkson wrote a scathing diatribe against Peter Mandelson and New Labour in his Sunday Times column that has since been replaced with a 404 notice. I suppose that the print edition published the article and so it still exists in its original format in the public domain.

Whether or not The Dark Prince censored the article is an interesting question, but the article is well worth a read regardless. Enjoy Clarkson at his best:

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/

2. double post.

3. Does that mean it has been removed or a fault?

4. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

5. I agree, Clarkson at his best doing what he does best.

6. A very good article. Whilst we're on the topic of 404s:

:D

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Indeed, that was a quality read.

8. You'd have thought that this, written by Clarkson about Mandelson and New Labour.....
    ...... suddenly disappeared behind a 404 error page, by accident, is just too much of a coincidence isn't it?

9. I can just hear James Earl Jones reciting this, brilliant.

10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Agreed. Why am I also envisaging a Bart Simpson Raven as well? :D

11. The guy speaks his mind, whether you like him or not he hits the core!

12. It wont be anthing to do with censorship of course, just a minor sever error :wink:

13. I think Clarkson and Mandelson should be put into a sack together and cast into the Thames.

(And I bet Mandelson would still appear at work the next day!)

14. One of the more appreciated columns of the past year, and true in every word, if a little wishy-washy and fence-sitting in some aspects. Clarkson should pull up his socks.

Clarkson knows that you're not allowed to tell the truth with the likes of Mandelson in power; it dismays them and they start to wonder whether their next tax-fed million quid job will go South. The fondler of Brazilian Bot will have had a word with an Editor, in the way of these things, and the column will have been dropped.

Either that or the Times's Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Columnist Advice Section) has had conniptions about the tying-to-the-front-bumper bit and told the Editor that it's more than 'is job's worth. Either way, the voice of a very large percentage of the people of this country (I suspect) has been judged by an unelected politician to be Unsuitable for the thoughts of Modern Diverse Britain, and spiked. Shame.

15. Absolutley, mes Amis...... Good on yer Jeremy.... get up the b@stards noses..... Its a wonder that Meddlesome has not had a fit and threatened 'D' Notices or something similar..... I tried to access this article on the website earlier in the day, but it just hung up. So its obviously some government apparatchik brought it to Lord Voldemuppet's notice......

It shows the vindictive nature of New Labour in its true colors. OK, so it was a bit insulting about Lord Mandelson... but he and his Cabinet colleagues don't exactly excite, nor endear themselves to the great British Public at the moment. I've seen and read far worse comments on other websites (www.devilskitchen.me.uk).. :p :p

When I read some of the comments there.... I nearly fell off my office chair, spilled my coffee and wee'd my nickers..... really good for a laugh if you've had a bad day at the office... or is Orrifice... :p