Clarification please

Discussion in 'RLC' started by black_taxi, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Gents

    This one for the legal eagles amonst you , Driving licence Cat D1 (minibus)"grandfather rights"has a restriction 101 which is means they cannot use it for Hire or Reward.
    Question is this is the driver driving illigally as he is being paid to carry out this duty? Is there anything in writing to give thr Armed Forces disspensation. The reason I ask is we have many "old and Bold"with this qual on their licence, and if it is illegal then our trg will come to a virtual halt as we wont be able to move our troops.

    Thanx in advance

  2. This one came up many many years ago. You cannot hire a person to drive a D1 and you cannot pay someone to drive a D1 (like a taxi driver). However, you can drive a D1 with the 101 restriction as part of your duties, as long as it is not your sole profession. So, taking some troops to the ranges, then running the ranges for example falls outside the restriction. Where people get into trouble is paying someone to drive a D1 for a mess function who has the 101 restriction.
  3. Dude
    Cheers for that , that seems to be the general concesus, many thanx for the reply