Clara Amfo praised for emotional anti-racism speech on Radio 1

Heres a better one showing the racist police picking on the poor innocent black lads

Good thing they're weren't any BAME police officers there they might have got a beating from the BLM mob

If I have this correct:

1. US policeman arrest known criminal and bad man.(this is normal)
2. US police fail to follow procedure, very negligent and man dies on camera in their custody.(this is a very bad thing)
3. BLM, etc protest about behaviour of US police (this is a good thing, protest is a sign of healthy democracy).
4. Various elements hi-jack protest to loot, steal things and cause trouble(this is a bad thing)
4a. Protests do try to self police and stop these bad actors (this is a very good thing)
5. Police respond, in most cases reasonably and its just noisy protesting, couple of arrests (this seems normal)
6. Bad actors keep stirring it, Idiot president does nothing to de-escalate and curfews, NG deployment ensues with associated over reaction from authorities and increase in general violence in places (this is not a good thing).

However, I'm not really sure what this has to do with me in the UK? I got challenged by someone in another forum yesterday to "prove I'm not racist". How exactly? It's not enough to be "not racist", you have to be "anti-racist!" tbh, I treat people as I find them and mostly I treat them how they treat me. I don't really give much of a fig about your colour or ethnic origins.

I'm not saying its perfect here [UK]; there is racism and inequality.
But to get shot by a UK police officer you do have to make quite an effort. Firstly you've got to find a copper, then you need to find one that's actually armed, etc.
The chances of getting shot during a routine traffic stop in the UK are much much much less than the US, even if you are BAME.
The young lady (of US origin) on Twatter claiming that she risks her life everyday in the UK and that the cops will kill her before Covid does, seem a little, well unhinged.

Now we have a crowd of 15,000 folks, a large proportion of which are BAME, during a pandemic, of a virus which BAME people are extra-susceptible to dying from...well...
View attachment 479100

Give it two weeks and his sign could be awfully prescient............
Darwin moves in mysterious ways.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This is what I said in the BBC thread when she whined "that people want our culture, but they do not want us".

Some of us don't even want their culture if that involves stabbing/shooting vast swathes of kids, dealing drugs and having to pick up the pieces after 20 odd years of rampant ignored child sex abuse!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
This is what I said in the BBC thread when she whined "that people want our culture, but they do not want us".

Some of us don't even want their culture if that involves stabbing/shooting vast swathes of kids, dealing drugs and having to pick up the pieces after 20 odd years of rampant ignored child sex abuse!
You never did answer my question, of is she Irish then?

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt

And this is what I put in the same thread following Joker62 (apologies for the repeat but it's nice to get the odd 'like').

Amfo (never heard of her) said the events in Minneapolis had reinforced a feeling among black people "that people want our culture, but they do not want us".

I treat other peoples cultures as I do other peoples toothbrushes. I am delighted they have one; just wouldn't want to use it myself.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Gordon Bennett, after almost 18 years of skulking around this website and about 9 years of being a member I am now a clanker with 2 gongs.

I wonder if that is a record!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You never did answer my question, of is she Irish then?
Not seen from her bio on Wiki, is of Ghanaian descent.

Chef

LE
Yank cops kill quite a few people, maybe they will get 5 minutes on the international news channels if they are lucky. I don't think I heard of Justine Damond (white woman murdered by black cop in Minneapolis) until George Flloyd hit the headlines.
Bellend cop kills someone in another country isn't going to stay in the news. Racist cop murders black man is.
The Wiki entry makes for interesting reading:Shooting of Justine Damond - Wikipedia

Extract

Mohamed Noor[edit]
Mohamed Mohamed Noor[15] (born October 20, 1985),[16] was the officer who shot Damond. Noor's partner, Matthew Harrity (then 25 years old), was the driver of their squad car.[17] Noor had been lauded in the past by Minneapolis mayor Betsy Hodges and the local Somali community as one of the first Somali-American police officers in the area.[18] At the time of the shooting, Noor had been with the Minneapolis Police Department for 21 months; Harrity had been on the force for one year.[17]

In two years as a police officer, Noor had three formal complaints against him, two of which, as of September 2017, were pending resolution. In a separate case from May 2017, he was being sued for allegedly assaulting a woman while on duty.[19]

On July 23, 2017, MPD and Council Member Elizabeth Glidden denied news reports of there being a "fast-track" seven-month MPD training program.[22][23] In September 2018, it was reported that in 2015 two psychiatrists and other training officers had raised concerns about Noor's fitness for police duty.[24] Two months before the shooting, Noor pointed a gun at the head of a driver he had pulled over for a minor traffic violation.[24]

Chef

LE
Good thing they're weren't any BAME police officers there they might have got a beating from the BLM mob
25 seconds in and there is a member of the Black Police Association doing his job.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Lewis Hamilton confirming my opinion of him, i.e. hes a ******* idiot

Obviously he hasn't realised that there's nothing the F1 community can do so have stayed out of the argument. Hamilton's view is that he hasn't been in the news recently so he'll jump on the nearest bandwagon, you don't see a lot of him trying to get the brothers interested in motorsport even with their proclivity towards driving fast cars at high speeds especially if they aren't their own!

Obviously he hasn't realised that there's nothing the F1 community can do so have stayed out of the argument. Hamilton's view is that he hasn't been in the news recently so he'll jump on the nearest bandwagon, you don't see a lot of him trying to get the brothers interested in motorsport even with their proclivity towards driving fast cars at high speeds especially if they aren't their own!
I wonder if the belter will show solidarity with the people of Hong Kong and boycott the Grand Prix in China, (When its back on).
Or will he just trouser the cash, because he's a hypocrite.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I wonder if the belter will show solidarity with the people of Hong Kong and boycott the Grand Prix in China, (When its back on).
Or will he just trouser the cash, because he's a hypocrite.
He'll trouser the cash, ironically, to show he's sticking it to the man

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I always get his brother mixed up with Jordan's kid

Latest Threads