Clara Amfo praised for emotional anti-racism speech on Radio 1

If I have this correct:

1. US policeman arrest known criminal and bad man.(this is normal)
2. US police fail to follow procedure, very negligent and man dies on camera in their custody.(this is a very bad thing)
3. BLM, etc protest about behaviour of US police (this is a good thing, protest is a sign of healthy democracy).
4. Various elements hi-jack protest to loot, steal things and cause trouble(this is a bad thing)
4a. Protests do try to self police and stop these bad actors (this is a very good thing)
5. Police respond, in most cases reasonably and its just noisy protesting, couple of arrests (this seems normal)
6. Bad actors keep stirring it, Idiot president does nothing to de-escalate and curfews, NG deployment ensues with associated over reaction from authorities and increase in general violence in places (this is not a good thing).

However, I'm not really sure what this has to do with me in the UK? I got challenged by someone in another forum yesterday to "prove I'm not racist". How exactly? It's not enough to be "not racist", you have to be "anti-racist!" tbh, I treat people as I find them and mostly I treat them how they treat me. I don't really give much of a fig about your colour or ethnic origins.

I'm not saying its perfect here [UK]; there is racism and inequality.
But to get shot by a UK police officer you do have to make quite an effort. Firstly you've got to find a copper, then you need to find one that's actually armed, etc.
The chances of getting shot during a routine traffic stop in the UK are much much much less than the US, even if you are BAME.
The young lady (of US origin) on Twatter claiming that she risks her life everyday in the UK and that the cops will kill her before Covid does, seem a little, well unhinged.

Now we have a crowd of 15,000 folks, a large proportion of which are BAME, during a pandemic, of a virus which BAME people are extra-susceptible to dying from...well...
1591202613981.png

Give it two weeks and his sign could be awfully prescient............

3ToedSloth

Old-Salt
If I were her boss, her P45 would be winging its way to her as soon as the words "I can't come to work because I'm too sad about someone I've never met before being murdered.".
Of course you would. And in this fantasy scenario, is the resultant employment tribunal so resoundingly on your side that it sentences her to death by firing squad too?

Our indulging of these useless cúnts has been our biggest mistake of the last 25 years, and will be the root cause of our downfall.
Are you that threatened by her? Get a grip. Her little speech will be forgotten about again by tomorrow.

Remember - this useless generation that 'we've' (i.e. our political class) allowed to happen is about to get the keys to our country.
Listen grandpa, your generation had different views to the one that came before it, etc, etc. Just because a vocal minority scream and shout a bit louder, doesn't mean the entire generation should be written off. There's many decent intelligent hardworking young people out there.

Us older folk will be the first to get fucked over for not agreeing to their extremely narrow view of what is 'correct'.
Oh the irony...

Of course you would. And in this fantasy scenario, is the resultant employment tribunal so resoundingly on your side that it sentences her to death by firing squad too?

Are you that threatened by her? Get a grip. Her little speech will be forgotten about again by tomorrow.

Listen grandpa, your generation had different views to the one that came before it, etc, etc. Just because a vocal minority scream and shout a bit louder, doesn't mean the entire generation should be written off. There's many decent intelligent hardworking young people out there.

Oh the irony...
F*ckin sprogs today. Don't know that they are born.

Slime

LE
If I have this correct:

1. US policeman arrest known criminal and bad man.(this is normal)
2. US police fail to follow procedure, very negligent and man dies on camera in their custody.(this is a very bad thing)
3. BLM, etc protest about behaviour of US police (this is a good thing, protest is a sign of healthy democracy).
4. Various elements hi-jack protest to loot, steal things and cause trouble(this is a bad thing)
4a. Protests do try to self police and stop these bad actors (this is a very good thing)
5. Police respond, in most cases reasonably and its just noisy protesting, couple of arrests (this seems normal)
6. Bad actors keep stirring it, Idiot president does nothing to de-escalate and curfews, NG deployment ensues with associated over reaction from authorities and increase in general violence in places (this is not a good thing).

However, I'm not really sure what this has to do with me in the UK? I got challenged by someone in another forum yesterday to "prove I'm not racist". How exactly? It's not enough to be "not racist", you have to be "anti-racist!" tbh, I treat people as I find them and mostly I treat them how they treat me. I don't really give much of a fig about your colour or ethnic origins.

I'm not saying its perfect here [UK]; there is racism and inequality.
But to get shot by a UK police officer you do have to make quite an effort. Firstly you've got to find a copper, then you need to find one that's actually armed, etc.
The chances of getting shot during a routine traffic stop in the UK are much much much less than the US, even if you are BAME.
The young lady (of US origin) on Twatter claiming that she risks her life everyday in the UK and that the cops will kill her before Covid does, seem a little, well unhinged.

Now we have a crowd of 15,000 folks, a large proportion of which are BAME, during a pandemic, of a virus which BAME people are extra-susceptible to dying from...well...
View attachment 479100

Give it two weeks and his sign could be awfully prescient............
I think that chap on the left is a Father Ted walt :)

FFS. Not recognising John Boyega as a celebrity, I resorted to Wiki and found this"

"John Adedayo Bamidele Adegboyega (born 17 March 1992), better known as John Boyega, is a British-Nigerian actor and producer. He will be remembered as an icon to all for that speech today. He is the rightful king of the United Kingdom and should be given his crown that he may have dropped. We must ensure that his career lives on along with his message #BlackLivesMatter."

I somehow think that the words will be changed shortly.

FHA

LE
After every terrorist spectacular, or ISIS outrage against a Westerner, the government was double-quick to issue a press release saying that Outrage X had nothing to do with Marginalised Visible Minority Y, and that society in Canada/USA/UK should not vent their rage on MVMY, as though our respective countries are seething hotbeds of Honky racism, rioting and murder that is barely being held in check. Now where are our respective governments pronouncements along those lines in this case? Why no advice that borders on being an outright insult to the populace?

This.

Absolutely spot on. Deserves a bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a name like Amfo it’s got to be on some kind of terrorist watch list? See, preconceived, police state, racist misconceptions in action.

If it was a protest about the behaviour of the US police they might have a point, they have turned it into racist behaviour when there is no indication that it was.

Racist British cop seen hiting a black mans fist with his face

Oops

War Hero
You clouted your finger? HA!

Whilst cleaning out a walk- in cupboard in my room which I call the TARDIS I droped a bar on my toe. I aduce as evidence
View attachment 479038

Does this make me a wonderful compassionate, sensitive human being?

Or a clumsy cnut?
Well, given the speciality I'm led to believe you partook of in a former life, I'm forced to deduce it must've be the first..
Happy to be proven wrong however!

It was all bit handbagging, but at least, it might show Bubba and co that you don't need to re-enact My Lai every single time.
Heres a better one showing the racist police picking on the poor innocent black lads

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Heres a better one showing the racist police picking on the poor innocent black lads

You seem to think I was blaming the police, no idea why. That video is on your original link btw 2nd down or thereabouts.

Latest Threads