Clara Amfo praised for emotional anti-racism speech on Radio 1

Jesus! And I rarely feck up like that. Going to take myself into a cool room and flagellate myself. Photos will be posted in the library before close of business. :cool:
I would have posted an excellent, but for the photos.

Any truth in the rumour that officers will be encouraged to “take the knee” while drinking the loyal toast? Could be tricky in cavalry mess overalls.

We don’t need to, but not bothering your arse with work is disgraceful and something only someone privileged like her could do.

There are people cracking on having their work colleagues and even family dying around them, they haven’t had time for virtue signalling, they e more important things to do.

People see death and destruction every day, yet they crack on, if they didn’t we would all be fucked.

The Floyd thing appears to be a travesty of justice, I’m glad people have spoken out, but there is such a thing as kicking the arse out of it, especially for using it as an excuse for personal gain.
Agreed. On the first point, I wonder how many of those who are refusing to go back to work due to corona are taking full advantage of the easing of lockdown restrictions to visit relatives and friends or go for days out. You can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.

Second point, I fail to see what the Floyd case has to do with the UK. Our policing model is totally different, and more than anything, it highlights the overly kinetic approach the US police take in such matters.

The amount of deaths in custody in the UK is vanishingly small, even with race as a factor; there isn't the statistical base to say the police are more likely to murder black people here.

If people want to complain about US policing, they should go to the US and do it.

Last edited:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Plenty of violent stuff on live leak and other such types of media.
If the bloke had been white, there wouldnt have been all this BLM shite (obviously) and the news channels wouldnt have been that interested. Already Sky is jumping on the bandwagon with a story of a black man wrongly tasered by the old bill, because that (or worse) never happens to white people.
There was one I read earlier of a (black) guy being tasered because he was told to lie down (after some argy-bargy in the street) as he (says) he'd done nothing wrong, he didn't see why he had to and refused - predictably got tasered but claimed it's because he was black, not because he was non-compliant with a copper trying to sort the wheat from the chaff....

IIRC there was a vote in the mid 1800's about whether German or English would be the official language of the USA.
Would there have been any difference in their pronunciation of schedule if the vote had gone the other way?

There was one I read earlier of a (black) guy being tasered because he was told to lie down (after some argy-bargy in the street) as he (says) he'd done nothing wrong, he didn't see why he had to and refused - predictably got tasered but claimed it's because he was black, not because he was non-compliant with a copper trying to sort the wheat from the chaff....
That's the bloke I meant.

I wondered at that but decided the inference was that it would be safer in UK.

Currently difficult to do either unless 'desperate to be seen virtue signalling' is a reason for travel to the US or " want to survive a protest/start a riot' is a reason to come here

Slime

LE
For those of you who remember the ‘he’s coming right at us’ thread on ARRSE where a group of cops were on video, shot an unarmed man multiple times, then continued shooting him once he was down and not moving...................You may note that none of the latest group of virtue signalling celebs were in the slightest bit bothered by several cops killing an unarmed man who wasn’t even suspected of commiting a crime (from memory)

#white lives don’t matter.

Slime

LE
For those of you who remember the ‘he’s coming right at us’ thread on ARRSE where a group of cops were on video, shot an unarmed man multiple times, then continued shooting him once he was down and not moving...................You may note that none of the latest group of virtue signalling celebs were in the slightest bit bothered by several cops killing an unarmed man who wasn’t even suspected of commiting a crime (from memory)

#white lives don’t matter.
BUT, BUT...what does that have to do with systematic racism? ad nauseum.

Any comparison, they have a reason as to why yours is not valid/relevant

Latest Threads