Clara Amfo praised for emotional anti-racism speech on Radio 1

This bit caught my eye:

Fellow Radio 1 DJ Arielle Free said: "Clara Amfo is an incredible human being who showed the world today a superhuman strength and bravery whilst broadcasting on the radio.

Having clouted my little finger on the weekend with a nylon hammer working on some outdoor stuff I carried on, finished the task and then had a cup of tea.

Presumably one of you will be putting me up for a G.C. (It still hurts a bit now but I can work through it, thanks for asking).
You clouted your finger? HA!

Whilst cleaning out a walk- in cupboard in my room which I call the TARDIS I droped a bar on my toe. I aduce as evidence
IMG-20200531-WA0019.jpeg

Does this make me a wonderful compassionate, sensitive human being?

Or a clumsy cnut?

I’m amazed at the number of people who “identify” with a guy who seems to have been something of a career criminal... because of the colour of his skin.
Obviously I believe that neither his crimes nor behaviour warranted the death sentence by the idiotic negligence of the policemen concerned but I don’t see him as some sort of martyr for equality.
If a white criminal dies due to police negligence I think it is unfortunate and sad for their family and friends. But I also think that they were partially the architects of their own downfall because of the choices they made. And I also think that their demise probably comes with the considerable silver lining of their not being able to inflict misery on any future victims of their criminal proclivities.
I see that an “I Can’t Breathe” mural was painted out in Birmingham (UK) by the city council. Now the talentless idiot whose act of vandalism it was is claiming that its removal was an example of “whiteout”.
The manager of the charity shop whose wall had been defaced said that they didn’t mind- but the report didn’t clarify whether that stance was due to them supporting casual vandalism dressed up as virtue signalling, or the pragmatic not fancying having their shop set on fire and stuff looted.

Last edited:
As for the crowds protesting in Hyde Park...

Having ignored the social distancing regulations, if they come down with coronavirus, will they be suing the police for not dispersing them?

Why would anyone care about someone they never met (or even knew about) being killed on the other side of the world? People get murdered in some particularly horrible ways every hour of the day somewhere in the world, does anyone have a hissy fit over it?
Had he been white - nobody would have heard of it as the Media would have simply continued to largely ignore the issue of much US policing being confrontational, escalatory and incompetent with a heavy dose of poor training.
Instead they decided without any evidence that as the victim was Brown and the officer white = racist. Thus making sensationalist headlines and riling up the Ethnic community.

This feeds the far left (mostly white) antifa feckwits who hijack peaceful protests to kick off violence in the name of a communist revolution.
The far right of course ignore the white thugs point at the riots then point at BLM and say well what do you expect them brown folk are just violent thugs.

At which point it becomes a self licking lollipop which the media delight in reporting in the most inflammatory manner possible.

No one in any position of responsibility has the balls to say - hang on colour may not have been an issue here just police brutality, lest they be accused of denying racism exists.

Face book and twitter is full of the woke insisting discrimination against brown people is wrong ( I dont disagree - yet none acknowledge racism goes all ways*) and messages of faux solidarity along with accusations of facism for anyone opposing antifa or being a Gammon / Oreo if they question if this was really down to racism.

The US Gov and police on the other hand are probably breathing a sigh of relief since they can scapegoat an individual as racist apologise for a few bad apples and avoid confronting the poorly trained Assault rifle toting elephant in the room .

*I was racially abused at work a few months back - because I am white Englishman - No I didn't report it because I need the job and im afraid he will play the "He called me an N word" at which point I will be gone.** Thank fuck for white privilege eh

** Which does make me wonder how many offences against those with White male privilege go unreported because were to scared to call it out because our detractor can play the victim card ( See also the bloke who complained about sexual harassment from his female boss - who then became the subject of a police investigation and tribunal - when she said Im the victim he touched me).

Mattb

LE
Had he been white - nobody would have heard of it...
Bollocks.

Anyone being slowly murdered on camera by the police would have made an impact; black, white or anything in between.

Bollocks.

Anyone being slowly murdered on camera by the police would have made an impact; black, white or anything in between.
Yank cops kill quite a few people, maybe they will get 5 minutes on the international news channels if they are lucky. I don't think I heard of Justine Damond (white woman murdered by black cop in Minneapolis) until George Flloyd hit the headlines.
Bellend cop kills someone in another country isn't going to stay in the news. Racist cop murders black man is.

Like that bloke getting slotted in a corridor? First I'd heard of it was on here... not the BBC.

Lacking Moral Fibre

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I think that those of german, polish and french ancestry might take exception to that. In fact at one stage there were more german settlers in Texas than Brits.
Ignorance is bliss.

IIRC there was a vote in the mid 1800's about whether German or English would be the official language of the USA.

Mattb

LE
Yank cops kill quite a few people, maybe they will get 5 minutes on the international news channels if they are lucky. I don't think I heard of Justine Damond (white woman murdered by black cop in Minneapolis) until George Flloyd hit the headlines.
Bellend cop kills someone in another country isn't going to stay in the news. Racist cop murders black man is.
They kill lots of people of all colours, just rarely in quite such an obviously obviously-unnecessary manner and generally not on camera.

They kill lots of people of all colours, just rarely in quite such an obviously obviously-unnecessary manner and generally not on camera.
Plenty of violent stuff on live leak and other such types of media.
If the bloke had been white, there wouldnt have been all this BLM shite (obviously) and the news channels wouldnt have been that interested. Already Sky is jumping on the bandwagon with a story of a black man wrongly tasered by the old bill, because that (or worse) never happens to white people.

Bollocks.

Ok perhaps a slight exaggeration - It would have been largely unregarded - it may not even have made international news

I may have been unclear - im not arguing that white lives dont matter - its ok to kill whitey etc

Perhaps this will pit it better - It would not have received the international attention if the victim was white because it was simply police brutality.

It would not have received the international attention if the Officer was Black because it was simply police brutality.

Clara would not have been to distressed to work and issued her emotional statement if the victim was white / Officer Black because it was simply police brutality.

There would not have been protests and outpourings of solidarity if it wasn't declared racist, because it was simply police brutality.

There would not have been a gnashing of teeth from the left if they weren't able to perpetuate a sense of victim hood in the victims demographic.

To be honest most of those virtue signalling wouldn't be either if the media hadn't whipped up a frenzy and they weren't scared of twitter.

All this exists simply because the media went for the racism angle and thus thrust it into the consciousness not because they care but because racism makes good copy.

I dont doubt many on here would be equally outraged regardless of victim ethnicity faith or gender IF the media had deigned to give it a similar level of coverage.

The officer may have been racist - he may have been badly trained - He may simply have been a cnut - the trouble is he has been accused and tried by social media - that has provoked violent clashes because media the public and several prominent figures have made the facts to fit their outlook.

Worse still he could escape justice if he cant get a fair trial and when you look at the commentary a decent lawyer will push that

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
This bit caught my eye:

Fellow Radio 1 DJ Arielle Free said: "Clara Amfo is an incredible human being who showed the world today a superhuman strength and bravery whilst broadcasting on the radio.

Having clouted my little finger on the weekend with a nylon hammer working on some outdoor stuff I carried on, finished the task and then had a cup of tea.

Presumably one of you will be putting me up for a G.C. (It still hurts a bit now but I can work through it, thanks for asking).
I had a paper cut AND a splinter just to Elevenariffe you.

Worse still he could escape justice if he cant get a fair trial and when you look at the commentary a decent lawyer will push that
CNN have already convicted him and the other 3 involved. And Trump.

Latest Threads