Clara Amfo praised for emotional anti-racism speech on Radio 1

Mattb

LE
Is this the correct forum for this?

Misha B (that's right, you have never heard of her) now has PTSD.

Person appears on reality TV show and complains that events have been overplayed, exagerated or invented and that people have made judgements about her?

Well fuck me. Who could have forseen that.

Person appears on reality TV show and complains that events have been overplayed, exagerated or invented and that people have made judgements about her?

Well fuck me. Who could have forseen that.
Yeah these people who see racism everywhere despite having no evidence are terrible.

I cant read the words Clara Amfo with thinking of ammonia, nitrate and fuel oil.....
I thought you were more an Ammonium Nitrate and ALuminium sort of fella.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Yeah these people who see racism everywhere despite having no evidence are terrible.
You are absolutely correct.

The lady in question (Misha B) saw racism in where there appears to be none:

"I know that I'm not the only one who has heard those words - feisty, mean," said Misha in her post. "These are common words people use to describe black women."

and Tulisa has responded to deny any racism.

Good to see we are all in agreement here. It gets my goat too when, as you said, 'people who see racism everywhere despite having no evidence are terrible'.

You are absolutely correct.

The lady in question (Misha B) saw racism in where there appears to be none:

"I know that I'm not the only one who has heard those words - feisty, mean," said Misha in her post. "These are common words people use to describe black women."

and Tulisa has responded to deny any racism.

Good to see we are all in agreement here. It gets my goat too when, as you said, 'people who see racism everywhere despite having no evidence are terrible'.
odd they are words I use to describe people who are...feisty or mean...regardless of skin tone/sex/use of mobility aids/sexual orientation etc etc etc

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
odd they are words I use to describe people who are...feisty or mean...regardless of skin tone/sex/use of mobility aids/sexual orientation etc etc etc
Exactamundo

The word feisty is interesting. A "feist" is an archaic term for a fart, and it was for this reason that small, yapping lap dogs were called "feists".

Hence the similarity between small, argumentative people and small, farting, yapping dogs.

I have referred to many argumentative female bosses as "feisty" with them taking it as a compliment, much to my secret amusement.

Mattb

LE
To be fair, I can't recall ever hearing a man described as "feisty".

They're definitely not race-specific though. I'n not convinced that "feisty" is ever really used perjoratively either, so no idea what the problem is. The cynical part of me wonders if this forgotten Z-lister has some sort of ulterior motive for getting in to the headlines.

1592343329681.png

I'll stick this here as it's as god a place as any. I was listening to R4 Extra this evening and there was an episode of Albert and Me with Robert Linsdsay from 1983. It wasn't anything special but before it started the announcer commented that 'it's 30 years old and reflects the values of the time'. I listened hard for racism, sexism or any other -ism but the only thing that possible fitted was when the protagonist says the only thing he possesses of any value is 'my collection of Gary Glitter records'. Hardly worth warning us about, really.

I'll stick this here as it's as god a place as any. I was listening to R4 Extra this evening and there was an episode of Albert and Me with Robert Linsdsay from 1983. It wasn't anything special but before it started the announcer commented that 'it's 30 years old and reflects the values of the time'. I listened hard for racism, sexism or any other -ism but the only thing that possible fitted was when the protagonist says the only thing he possesses of any value is 'my collection of Gary Glitter records'. Hardly worth warning us about, really.
Thats your white privilege at work, there was something offensive you just didnt notice.

@dingerr Any response to the email about the schoolteacher virtue-signalling?

Is there only one race card or do we all have one?
Seriously, I’ve worried about this recently. On the “card-scale” trumps (An unfortunate name.) game what is the order of ranking? Does a ‘black, one-legged, lesbian‘ outrank a ‘gay, Asian NHS worker? Who trumps what? Is gay/lesbian/queer a better or more, and I struggle for words here, important asset/label than being differently abled? Is ‘black-African’ more worthy than ‘dark-brown Latina‘? Does your local council have a list ? Is the list available for viewing? I’m a white, nominally conservative male, so obviously I score about minus 20,000 points but my daughter is of mixed race and without a (birth) mother, that’s got to be worth a few thousand points, no?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Taken directly from the screen
1592648027249.png

And believe it or not, it says the same for the recent remake starring black actor Will Smith!

View attachment 483683
And believe it or not, it says the same for the recent remake starring black actor Will Smith!
That's the equivalent of a 'may contain nuts' warning and could be applied to absolutely any TV programme or film ever made. What a load of bollocks.

View attachment 483683
I wonder how many of today's well known thespians have taken part in a Blood & Honour gig performance of Aladdin. Even if it was only a school drama society performance, or other amateur production. Why don't they just piss on Stephen Lawrence's grave and be done with?