Clapham Common Vigil

I'm sure NHS staff are playing their role in stamping out this practice but someone is turning a blind eye to it .
How many criminal prosecutions have we a country had regarding FGM ?
The NHS will report it into the appropriate authority if it is suspected, however the NHS does not launch prosecutions.

Londo

LE
Poor metric with which to judge - since
a) many are whipped out the country to be done
b) Frequently the medical practitioner responsible is the local wise woman / witch doctor type figure
Yes and you also read about plane loads full of mothers taking their young daughters back to Somalia during the school holidays . I wonder why ?

Also seems strange to me as we are constantly told that these are amongst the poorest sections of our community and yet they can afford the return air fare back to the home country that many claim to have fled from in fear of their lives .

Londo

LE
The NHS will report it into the appropriate authority if it is suspected, however the NHS does not launch prosecutions.
Agreed in that I'm sure the NHS does report it to the authorities . But does anything happen then ?

Agreed in that I'm sure the NHS does report it to the authorities . But does anything happen then ?
Thay would need a FOI request to the relevant authority, but tbh we're a little busy with the day job at the moment

Londo

LE
Thay would need a FOI request to the relevant authority, but tbh we're a little busy with the day job at the moment
Understandable and I'm not trying to knock the NHS in this . The lack of dealing with this is much further up the food chain .

Even if they are removed from the country to have the practice carried out, are you seriously suggesting that doctors, nurses and assorted personnel do not see the subsequent results when the child is returned to this Country ? I detect a whiff, no, a stench, of Rotherham look-the-other-way

PS No isangomas in the Punjab just lots of fanatical old aunts and mother in laws

Last edited:
Busy recruiting diversity champions ?

Londo

LE
Would you rather Margate or Mogadishu for your summer holiday? Actually is Mogadishu the Margate of Somalia?
Think I did go to Margate many years ago . No memories of the place are surfacing though so must have tried forgetting about the place .

My standards are low as I lived in Hastings for a couple of years and was quite fond of the place .

Mogadishu I don't think I have ever been to although I have been to Ilford which is somewhat similar these days . So I have been told .

philc

LE
So the prime suspect is ........................................ an Albanian Pizza delivery man.

Think I did go to Margate many years ago . No memories of the place are surfacing though so must have tried forgetting about the place .

My standards are low as I lived in Hastings for a couple of years and was quite fond of the place .

Mogadishu I don't think I have ever been to although I have been to Ilford which is somewhat similar these days . So I have been told .
Try Woolwich

Last edited:

Latest Threads