Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clap Hands stamp your feet.....Bang it on a big bass drum..(no more)

What you wear is entirely up to you
Did anyone else read the thread title, register that it was in the Covid-19 thread and immediately conclude that Tommy Steele had succumbed?
I know a guy who worked with him------ A Knut,apparently--- more on the net...............
except the NHS isnt underfunded at all it is just very badly run.

Blair tried to have a go at the tories by having a study done on the police, NHS and education - the study found that all three could take a 20-25% cut in expenditure and not effect services due to the massive amount of waste and bad spending, spending which Labour then made much worse.

go round the back of any hospital and you will find a skip full of perfectly good chairs, frames and crutches. everything is disposable now.
SOOoooooooooooo True.

Ah sorry. It just triggered my 'Virginia Bottomley' fuse which still make me so angry into the present day. People really need to know the damage she did to the NHS especially in Mental Health and all of her other batshit 'Improvements',

Ah yes, the Bottomless Virgin. ISTR she left a trail of destruction behind her in whatever capacity she served. She had the Midas touch, except everything she came into contact with turned to ratshit. Didn't she do well?

Stabwedge

Clanker
Did anyone else read the thread title, register that it was in the Covid-19 thread and immediately conclude that Tommy Steele had succumbed?

My BiL's favourite joke is:
If they couldn't get Elton John to sing at Princess Diana's funeral, the next choice was Tommy Steele singing 'Crash, Bang, Wallop, What a Picture'.

Any time I hear Tommy Steele's name the image of that happening pops up in my mind. :lol:

Am well aware but seeing as the individual in question was Miss England, I thought it more pertinent to use that team.

As an aside I did once work with a Miss Scotland runner-up.
John Greig ?

Ah sorry.
It just triggered my 'Virginia Bottomley' fuse which still make me so angry into the present day.
People really need to know the damage she did to the NHS especially in Mental Health and all of her other batshit 'Improvements',

To paraphrase Starship Troopers: I want to know more...

Or a Daily Mail reader that Labour governments raise house prices?

Since Clap for Carers is on the way out there should be a replacement. I'm torn between Bonk for Boris and W ank for Workers. I suppose for equality we could have Flick for the Frontline.

As I live by myself it will probably have to be the latter. I’ve discovered the act of onanism records as exercise in my FitBit so at the moment I look like an Olympic athlete.

Anyone looking at the exercise details will see I’m doing a lot of “stretching”. I needed to classify the exercise, & that seemed appropriate. Could have gone for “weightlifting” I suppose...

Last edited:
I agree with the general consensus on this thread. Having said that, the lowlife who spit and cough in the faces of the NHS staff, Police etc. make me wonder what the point of serving in HM Forces was for.

It strikes me increasingly as I hit 50 this year that the scum-sucking population of this nation didn't deserve the loyalty and sevice some of us gave or that the emergency workers provide currently.

I'm not saying "Love me, love me, I was in the Army, doncha know?" but I am saying that in the final analysis these islands consist broadly of cvnts who don't deserve or respect other people's efforts to maintain societal order.

More rants may follow.

Oh, and the BBC would benefit from a shot to the head.

If you have really had enough of the clap(ping) Read this....

I work for the NHS as a doctor. I don’t work “on the frontline” because there isn’t one; I’m not in the army and we aren’t engaged in military combat. But I do work as a consultant on a ward where we have had Covid-19, and colleagues of mine have been very unwell. The requirement to be constantly vigilant and to manage the infection risk makes work more difficult, more stressful, and at times more tragic.

Obviously I carry on going to work – it is my job, one that I enjoy and am being well paid for. I am pleased to have a reason to leave the house. I have a very decent and secure income so count myself extremely lucky.

It would, however, be nice to have clarity about many things, from testing to isolation to proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE). It would also be nice to have worked for the past 10 years in an adequately funded NHS, staffed by people listened to by the government. It would be nice to see appropriate remuneration for the low-paid staff holding the service together, to see that the value of immigrants to the NHS is appreciated, and to have a health service integrated with a social care service.

What I don’t find nice, and I really don’t need, is people clapping. I don’t need rainbows. I don’t care if people clap until their hands bleed with rainbows tattooed on their faces. I don’t even (whisper it) need Colonel Tom, lovely man as he clearly is.
I know many of my colleagues appreciate the clapping, saying that they feel moved and grateful, that the coming together of the community to support the NHS warms the heart. There are others, like me, whose response is that it is a sentimental distraction from the issues facing us.Even those who liked it at the beginning are becoming wary of the creeping clapping fascism, the competition to make the most obvious and noisiest display, the shaming of non-clappers. Some argue that it unites us, that we’re all in this together. But when, for whatever complex reasons, we hear that poorer areas have double the death rate, with people from ethnic minorities disproportionately affected, I think: are we really in this together? Maybe people should clap a bit louder in inner-city Birmingham than in Surrey.

Are we still allowed to complain about poor resources and potentially unsafe working conditions now we’ve had clapping, rainbows, free doughnuts and a centenarian walking round his garden for us? How dare we?

The NHS is not a charity and it isn’t staffed by heroes. It has been run into the ground by successive governments and now we are reaping the rewards of that neglect, on the background of the public health impact of years of rampant inequality in the The coronavirus crisis has shone a light on lots of good and bad things in this country. It is of course to be welcomed that key workers, including those for the NHS and social care, are being increasingly valued. I hope the reality is dawning that immigrants and BAME staff are vital to the NHS and we couldn’t manage without them.

But don’t feel you need to clap. Enough with the rainbows. When this ends, people need to show their value of key-working staff in practical ways; pay them enough to be able to live in our cities, and recognise, support and welcome immigrant staff who prop this country up. Listen to the views of NHS workers when they raise concerns, address the culture of blame and bureaucracy. Even my colleagues who still appreciate the clapping will bang a saucepan to that.

Amen to most of this.

Hmmm... looking at an awful lot of the responses to your post, I have a feeling that its not the response you were looking for.
While most people admit there are an awful lot of good hard working people in the NHS and some very good care given, it seems to thrive on self pity, especially if any govt. is perceived not to immediately throw huge amounts of cash at it for whatever dubious reason NHS management deem necessary.
As you have seen from the numerous examples of waste/greed/stupidity in mainly the upper echelons of the Service, It needs to take a long, hard and critical look at itself and address the problems promptly & efficiently!
It may well discover there is more than enough resources available to carry on without the ongoing "begging bowl" disaster. Mind you a lot of the overpaid fat cats at the top of the service might find themselves actually doing the job they are paid for and a lot of P45's for the others, which would be no bad thing!!

Last edited:
Ah yes, the Bottomless Virgin. ISTR she left a trail of destruction behind her in whatever capacity she served. She had the Midas touch, except everything she came into contact with turned to ratshit. Didn't she do well?

Well yes actually, she's a Baroness and I'm not.
Nice reward for her trail of destuction that caused many deaths into the present day*

* 'Care in the Community' for instance.

To paraphrase Starship Troopers: I want to know more...

The list is far too long to mention.
In short, she demoralised the NHS to the extent that qualified and unqualified nurses were just walking out on the spot.
Really bad times and Bottomley had a vendetta against Mental Health Nurses, she had been a Mental Health Social Worker in a previous existence and they were the natural enemies of Psychiatric Nurses.
I could tell you about the day she visited my ward and how us 'chosen few' were shift changed to avoid her because the head sheds thought 'somebody might say something'.
'Care in the Communtity' killed a lot of people and it is all down to her.

Hmmm... looking at an awful lot of the responses to your post, I have a feeling that its not the response you were looking for.
While most people admit there are an awful lot of good hard working people in the NHS and some very good care given, it seems to thrive on self pity, especially if any govt. is perceived not to immediately throw huge amounts of cash at it for whatever dubious reason NHS management deem necessary.
As you have seen from the numerous examples of waste/greed/stupidity in mainly the upper echelons of the Service, It needs to take a long, hard and critical look at itself and address the problems promptly & efficiently!
It may well discover there is more than enough resources available to carry on without the ongoing "begging bowl" disaster. Mind you a lot of the overpaid fat cats at the top of the service mind find themselves actually doing the job they are paid for and a lot of P45's for the others, which would be no bad thing!!

You understand the OP was trolling, right?

Well yes actually, she's a Baroness and I'm not.
Nice reward for her trail of destuction that caused many deaths into the present day*

* 'Care in the Community' for instance.

Care in the community works, look at how Arrse is like a creche for Bugsy

The list is far too long to mention.
In short, she demoralised the NHS to the extent that qualified and unqualified nurses were just walking out on the spot.
Really bad times and Bottomley had a vendetta against Mental Health Nurses, she had been a Mental Health Social Worker in a previous existence and they were the natural enemies of Psychiatric Nurses.
I could tell you about the day she visited my ward and how us 'chosen few' were shift changed to avoid her because the head sheds thought 'somebody might say something'.
'Care in the Communtity' killed a lot of people and it is all down to her.

Interesting... Thank you.

The Nurse versus Social Worker situation still seems to be A Thing, and would help explain some of the 'challenges' I'm facing. At least now I've got someone to blame! :D

Look at composition of the England rugby team to see similar elsewhere

At least none of the England team come to training in clogs (yes, I know he's retired).

Similar to HMP. Middle of March mad panic buying set in, basically anything you could think of. Any money not used was handed back and the assumption made your budget was over generous, so a reduction was made the following year. It wasn't possible to carry money over for a project or planned improvement.
Use it or lose it.
Same in the Army, mate, except it is September as that is when the Army's fiscal year ends.

Or a Daily Mail reader that Labour governments raise house prices?

Since Clap for Carers is on the way out there should be a replacement. I'm torn between Bonk for Boris and W ank for Workers. I suppose for equality we could have Flick for the Frontline.

Or 'cum for Cummings', 'dominate for Dominic'. Just to be topical.

Im in your camp over this one, this clapping is drongo and why?
I don't bother, and i'm sure most people will drop off sooner.
What the medicos need is a decent pay rise, not pots and pans. Yup they are doing a great job, but thats what they are paid to do, do a great job. They have stuck there necks out over this one, given that its bloody contagious, and some Galah needs his nuts chopping off over the safety stuff, but thats it really.
Pay is a bit rubbish for what they do anyway, so if everybody wants to give them something, give them more dosh.