Clap for Carers (hopefully) ending

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
About time.

Now people will have to find something else to do to make themselves feel good, having broken social distancing by going to the Party, Park, Beach etc.

Chef

LE
She looks a bit scary.

Annemarie Plas
Image Annemarie Plas

This may be controversial....but thank feck! Sick of this virtue signalling rubbish from people who will clap on their doorsteps on Thursday night then go to the beach or visit their mates on Friday.
If they want to support the NHS, campaign for a pay rise and better conditions, not fecking clap to show how supportive you are when you post the video of yourself clapping on Twatbook.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
What's the bet that's she in the running for an MBE?

Ken M

Clanker
About time.

Now people will have to find something else to do to make themselves feel good, having broken social distancing by going to the Party, Park, Beach etc.
I always thought it was a tad OTT. Much like the London Olympics NHS ballet. We sure do put false idols on a pedestal. How about clapping for millions of other people who have stayed at their job, particularly those in daily close contact with the allegedly infected masses such as posties, delivery drivers, supermarket workers, bus drivers and the like. The silent, unappreciated army of workers

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I always thought it was a tad OTT. Much like the London Olympics NHS ballet. We sure do put false idols on a pedestal. How about clapping for millions of other people who have stayed at their job, particularly those in daily close contact with the allegedly infected masses such as posties, delivery drivers, supermarket workers, bus drivers and the like. The silent, unappreciated army of workers
Indeed, like my wife whos' school has been open since this started, providing a govn funded creche for 'essential workers staff. Or the nice people at Tesco who let me buy food every week etc...

Danatanian

Swinger
Indeed, like my wife whos' school has been open since this started, providing a govn funded creche for 'essential workers staff. Or the nice people at Tesco who let me by food every week etc...
Stuff the Tesco lot. Thanks to them lining their pockets when panic buying was at its peak I was unable to obtain my usual brand of feather soft scented comfy bum. I then had to deal with the aftermath of a curry with a novelty money toilet roll left at the back of the cupboard from a holiday years ago. It had clearly been made of discarded roof insulation by sadists.

My backside felt like the opening credits of Bonanza for days afterwards.

Ken M

Clanker
Indeed, like my wife whos' school has been open since this started, providing a govn funded creche for 'essential workers staff. Or the nice people at Tesco who let me buy food every week etc...
Indeed. Teachers. I'm waiting, agog, to hear how many teachers still at work have gone down with the dreaded lurg as a direct result of teaching kids. I'm not holding my breath for the results. They'll be next to zero. It might affect the unions narrative.

You can bet there will be people carrying on to clap anyway.

I'm sick of the ******* fireworks they've been setting off every bloody Thursday. While the dog and one cat couldnt care, the other cat goes mental.

Not before time .
Here it's filmed and shared to facebook every thursday .
An 80 y/o neighbour get on a chair in her front garden to clap and be seen , as apparently this end of the street isn't doing it's bit .
I haven't been out once , nor do I intend .
It's the Uk , not North Korea .

If I’m working on Thursday I have an urgent Code Brown at 1958 or if I’m out I try and hide somewhere out of the way. A couple of times I have been caught up in it but the people who are waving and clapping are generally ok anyway. The scrotes don’t care. Why not show your appreciation by dropping the leave ban. I’ve managed to tack three days TOIL onto rest days next week. My first time off longer than between shift breaks since February

Last Thursday I warned my wife it was almost 20:00 ((so she could lock the psycho cat in) by shouting "IT'S ALMOST C**T O'CLOCK!" From the bottom of the garden.

This week there were hardly any clappers.

I'd like to think the two are connected, but it's unlikely.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I must confess to not being a key worker, nor even an essential worker. Every other fecker seems to be, alas I'm not, so please dont applaud me next week. Thank you.

endure

GCM
I live on a street full of old duffers. It takes most of us half a day to get to the front door so clapping is minimal...

You can bet there will be people carrying on to clap anyway.
One of them will be my old man. He texted the family group yesterday saying he was the only one doing it in his street yesterday and he was quite disappointed.

I told him to keep clapping for another hour and he might find others in the street join in. Daft sod was out there at 7pm.... :grin::grin:

I must confess to not being a key worker, nor even an essential worker. Every other fecker seems to be, alas I'm not, so please dont applaud me next week. Thank you.
I think I should be considered a key worker, I've assisted several key companies to continue working.

In the last two weeks

A major sweet manufacturer
A major UK food producer
Several beef companies

And most importantly

Two breweries and a distillery.

Celebrate me clap monkeys.

Latest Threads