Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Claims to Fame

Zofo said:
Went to Uni at same time as Pete Townsend's daughter - at graduation I saw him and asked for an autograph - he told me to feck off - not buying any more of his records then! Bumped into John Entwistle in his local in the Cotswolds and bought him a beer - top bloke!

Coolest one so far...long live rock!

Whilst in the Dom Cathedral, Koln, Mrs Fatblerk excitedly told me the american chatting to an old lady and a stunner was Leonardo Di Caprio talking to his mum and girlfriend. :?

I announce in one of those "been in a church a while and can't remember the volume I last spoke at" type chirpy cockney voices:

"Gawd 'e's turned into a right fat cnut! Mind 'is bird 'd 'ave it!" :!:

I don't think I impressed anyone at all that day :oops:

out@last said:

Stood in a queue at a card shop in chelmsford and thought I recognised an american voice behind me chatting on her mobile......turned round and there was suzie quattro.GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR :lol:

Ahhhh ! Suzie Q...... Where's me Kleenex ?

Still a jolly good bit of totty and a damn fine wingshot too !

Just remembered. Was on an easyjet flight to dublin last year. Sat in the window seat reading 'The Bourne Trilogy.' About halfway through I looked up at the bloke next to me, and lo and behold it was Eddie Izzard. Had a chat about stuff, and then I asked him for an autograph. However the only thing I had was my book. So bless him, he signed it and put 'I wrote this' in big letters at the top.

I now own the only robert ludlum book in the world, signed by eddie izzard. If I ever meet robert ludlum, i'll get him to sign eddie izzard's book.

gizmodnd said:
My local rag put my picture on the front page with somebody else's name saying i'd just ' Shot myself ' in Bosnia.
Could have been worse: they could have said you'd just shat yourself... :roll: :lol:

Johnny_Ludlow
Also met Graheme Souness' daughter in a bar one night - bought her a drink - found out she was 16 - decided I preferred my legs unbroken - made my excuses and left.

UlsterFry
Was best mates (aged 7-9) with Graeme Sounness' son at boarding school, went back to his house/mansion once, broke his swing. Result.

Maybe we should approach Graeme Souness & ask him for his reflections on being in close proximity to future ARRSErs in their formative years...

I went to school with a bloke who wrote a jingle for Capital Radio.

'The Super Stereophonic Sound Of The Seventies -One Nine Four'

His whole life was Capital Radio - spoke of nothing else and was going to be a Capital DJ when he left school. Well that was his plan, I heard he ended up splashing fat for the Aldershot Concrete Company :D :D

Rocketeer said:
Going to be meeting Eddie and Sophie at a little soiree on June 7th.. anything you lot would like me to ask ?

Yes, is it true that Eddie is gay and she's just a 'merkin'?

DozyBint said:
Johnny_Ludlow
Also met Graheme Souness' daughter in a bar one night - bought her a drink - found out she was 16 - decided I preferred my legs unbroken - made my excuses and left.

UlsterFry
Was best mates (aged 7-9) with Graeme Sounness' son at boarding school, went back to his house/mansion once, broke his swing. Result.

Maybe we should approach Graeme Souness & ask him for his reflections on being in close proximity to future ARRSErs in their formative years...

And was he really "MOLLY SUGDEN'S BRIDESMAID?"

My claim to fame is calling Joe Pesquale (that squeeky voiced twat) a cnut to his face in the FI :lol:

Went down a treat with the OC, mind Joe only laughed when I said it as the 3 really large EOD Engineers behind me argreed :twisted:

Was bought a drink on me 21st by Spike Milligan and Peter Sellars whilst discoing with their daughters in cyprus in... er '73

Got pissed with a certain "Benny Hill" young lady in NI (Forget her name)

Went to a party in Monte Carlo with the Grumble Weeds and Stuart Hall paid - pissed again

Played darts with Liz Fraser - Sober!! (who?)

Boring!!!!