Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Claims to Fame

CaptainPlume said:
X-Inf wrote:
canteen_cowboy wrote:
boney_m wrote:
You mean McBeth?

Oh No we are all doomed now

but yes your right

MacBeth surely.

Macbeth, I thought, but only bad luck to say it IN a theatre (crosses fingers).

Well, I suppose, if you want to be pedantic, we are not saying it but writing it.

Did Wimbeldon in '96' As a service steward, apart from being paid 55 quid a day extra on top of our excellent army pay, I met Patsy kensit, Lenny Henry, Dawn French, All of the top players, Robin Givens, The German football squad just after they beat us on penalties { Southgate you mong } Cliff richard, The Duchess of york { not bad for a Ginge} and loads more, If you get the chance boys and girls put your names down, it's 3 weeks of lager and posh totty eyeing you up in your no2's.

Other claims to fame made Ulster TV News, and my best one, My local rag put my picture on the front page with somebody else's name saying i'd just ' Shot myself ' in Bosnia. As soon as i got home on R&R they did a full front page spread apologizing. Looking back i should of sued :)

Michael Caine bought me a cup of tea and I told the 'Commodores' to f*ck off. This was long after Lionel Ritchie had left them (I didn't recognise them!).

Made a point of loudly stating that 'Robson' (the little Geordie from Soldier, Soldier) was a little c*nt and that he looked much taller on TV, when I spotted him at Heathrow. He gave me a right dirty look and scurried off. People sniggered.

Ahem!

Fish from marillion was at my school (many many years before me)
i called Frank McIllveny and Mark Lamar cnuts (at seperate times lol, they weren't together)
Did exchange bodily fluids with another (then with rangers) footy player
had drinks with (she bought them too) Ruby Wax, Roland Rivron & Janet Street Porter
Met Ricky Gervais, Daniel Kitson (was in phoenix nights) Leigh Francis (Avid Merrion)
Shared bar space with Christian Slater, bloke who plays Phill Mitcehll and his bird who was also in easties
Also called Nicky Campbell an arrse while i was working in a "gambling establishment" he deserved to be called worse but i WAS at work hehe
I've been seen briefly on cable telly and also blink and you miss it, on saturday superstore swap shop thingy cos i walked in front of their cameras

:twisted: i ought to be famous too hahahahaaaaaaaaa

I fantasized about draping myself starkers over the queen mums gun carraige en route to her final resting place.....

As they came to take me away I'd start to p1ss, sh1t, puke and w@nk forcing them to keep thier distance :D

Does this count?

went to high school with chris sutton from celtic and had a scrap in religious education cos i called him a thick cnut! .guess now i should have been kicking that tennis ball around at lunch!

Called Tucker Jenkin's fat cnut mate from Grange Hill a fat cnut when he walked into a bar in Norway.

I was in the Sun (or was it the Mirror) for being in a bar fight..........and thats all I'm going to say about that. :evil:

Leslie Crowther pointed out what big ears i had as he opened our village fete ( i was wearing a Yul Brynner wig at the time).
I was also the bloke hanging out of the Lynx in the cover picture of a big Telegraph magazine article about the Army in September 1990.
Oh and I once saw Ieaun Evans walking along a canal path in Bath, while i was up to my plums in an American student and looking over her shoulder as she was facing the window. :D

Made the front page of the express (might have been the mirror) when the mary rose was raised.

Stood in a queue at a card shop in chelmsford and thought I recognised an american voice behind me chatting on her mobile......turned round and there was suzie quattro.GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR :lol:

Found myself sat next to Donald Dewar whilst flying into Heathrow to attend a mess dinner the following evening. Proceeded to heckle him about his political beliefs as I'd had a few swifties before the flight in the departure lounge. It ended up getting a tad heated but I got off the plane and thought no more about it.

Turned up at aforesaid dinner to find out that: a) Dewar was guest speaker and: b) I was sat next to the fecker!

Didn't like being a Staffy anyway